Jetting

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Paul

Re: Jetting

#16 Post by Paul » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:04 am

Hi Again,<p>on advise from Rick i've ordered 4 new aftermarket Mikuni TM28's.<p><br>Once i've received them any advise for jetting these would be appreciated.<p>regards<br>Paul<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

paulwfreund@hotmail.com

will

Re: Jetting

#17 Post by will » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:53 pm

I personally would have to recommend using aftermarket Mikuni or Keihin carbs and not oem bits. If you call Sudco for jets on an OEM carb they say go the manufacturer of the bike and maybe you can get a couple options for needles. Sudco cannot support you on trying different needles and nozzles on OEM carbs. <p>Then again, if you have more time than any of the rest of us, you could make just about anything work perfect if you can figure out the nozzle series dimensions and what else is similar in the Sudco catalog, if anything (mind you with NO help from Sudco at all, and the standard Mikuni numbering system will be useless to you in this endeavor) I think your time would have to be worth only a dollar an hour though.<p>If $125 a carb for new ones is too much, look for used aftermarket carbs on ebay, a seller with good feedback will be at least 90% honest/reliable and for the savings that's pretty good.<p>--Will
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

wfrerichs@neb.rr.com