Help! - Leaky carbs

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Jason

Help! - Leaky carbs

#1 Post by Jason » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:18 pm

I've got fuel leaking out of one of my right hand carbs from the bowl drain, which I assume is from fuel in that bowl getting too high and coming down through the tube. Also, one of my left hand carbs is leaking out the mouth of the carburetor, I think from the small jet there. Any ideas? Float valves look o.k. Should I raise the floats higher by bending the float tab? <p>Also, is there a rebuild kit for the petcocks? Mine leaks fuel (out the outlet) even in the on position. I have disassembled and cleaned it, to no avail. I think the diaphragm is just plain old.....<p>Thanks for any help.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

jmellen@sympatico.ca

Ken Smith

Re: Help! - Leaky carbs

#2 Post by Ken Smith » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:51 pm

What level are your floats set at??? if to low they will leak out the over flow. There's a error in the service manual. Should be about 25mm to 26mm if I remember correctly.
<br>

RDRZRGTZR@att.net

ALAN

#3 Post by ALAN » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:27 am

Yes there is a rebuild kit & doin that also cured my flooding carbs.
<br>

alantp@tiscali.co.uk

jason

#4 Post by jason » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:57 am

Do you know where the rebuild kit is available? FromYamaha, or aftermarket? <p>Also, does it include the diaphragm, or just the outer disc and o-ring? <p>Thanks!
<br>

jmellen@sympatico.ca

ALAN

#5 Post by ALAN » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:34 am

Hi Jason I dont know where you are but I got mine off the shelf from FOWLERS OF BRISTOL mail order.www.Fowlers.co.uk 01179770466 cost vlv 1.84 o ring 1.56 good luck
<br>

alantp@tiscali.co.uk