oil pump cover

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

robert

oil pump cover

#1 Post by robert » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:48 pm

hi. i've noticed some oil leaking from one of the bolts that holds the oil pump cover on. if you look at the bike from the side and imagine the drain is at 6 o'clock, it's about 2cm away from the oil drain at about 4 o'clock. i don't want to strip the bolt and i was wondering what i could put on it to stop the leak. right now there's a bolt with a #6 on it's head. i don't know if it has a washer or not. in addition, still looking at the bike from the side using the drain as a reference, one of the side cover bolts holds both the side cover and the oil pump in place. it's at about 2 o'clock and it's got oil coming out of it, too. what do you suggest i do to stop that from dripping? thanks<p>robert<p>
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

parkside415@earthlink.net

matt

Re: oil pump cover

#2 Post by matt » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:38 pm

Robert,take out the allen bolts put some thread sealant on em I think I used yamabond or silicone it does'nt take much at all and tourqe them to spec. , you are correct If I remember it should be the long allens that hold thepump housing & trans case housing that should be leaking .....
<br>

creswell5@cableone.net

robert

Re: oil pump cover

#3 Post by robert » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:53 pm

hi matt and thanks for the reply. i'll try some sealant on the threads. hopefully that'll do the trick.<p>best<p>robert<p>
<br>

parkside415@earthlink.net