28mm Flatslide starter jets

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Jeff B

28mm Flatslide starter jets

#1 Post by Jeff B » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:25 pm

Someone suggested running #100 starter jets, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells them. I'm wondering where people have bought these in the past.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

beeks81@aol.com

Wyn Belorusky

Re: 28mm Flatslide starter jets

#2 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:19 pm

Carb Parts Warehouse<p>http://www.carbparts.com/<p>They're real good, give them a call.
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com

Luther

#3 Post by Luther » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:15 pm

The ones in the carbs I bought were 20's I think with about a .015" hole. I drilled them out to about 3 times that and it starts fine. I couldn't fit a cable on my lower left carb so I only have choke on 3 carbs and sometimes it takes a few seconds for the other cylinder to fire.
<br>

ljlowman@cox.net

Jeff B

#4 Post by Jeff B » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:42 pm

Do you remember exactly what size hole you drilled?
<br>

beeks81@aol.com

Jeff B

#5 Post by Jeff B » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:46 pm

I tried them. The guy I talked to didn't know what I was talking about. He must be a new guy or something. He said these carbs don't have starter jets.
<br>

beeks81@aol.com

Wyn Belorusky

#6 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:17 pm

Look the jets up on the web site, then order by part number. He should know part numbers.
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com

Luther

#7 Post by Luther » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:20 pm

Not offhand. It was hard to keep it running when I started it with a cold motor and I had to start it several times til it warmed up a little or it finaly picked up revs so I could keep it running. Didn't help that I was a little lean on the pilot jet at the time. I figured a bigger hole could only make it better. What size jets do you have and if your situation is simular and you have tiny drill bit sets and a pin vise you can measure with the drills and go from there. Some don't like the idea of drilling jets but these are just for the choke circuit.
<br>

ljlowman@cox.net

Jeff B

#8 Post by Jeff B » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:07 pm

I think the carbs came with #25 starter jets. I agree, I'd never consider drilling any of the other jets, but these are only used when the enging is cold and near idle speeds.
<br>

beeks81@aol.com