powervalve position

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

robert

powervalve position

#1 Post by robert » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:34 pm

just wondering where the power valve indicator (that little "c" shaped thing between the cylinders)should be when the bike is warmed up. I can hear the servo cycling when i turn on the bike and when it's warm the indicator goes to a 12 o'clock position on the top cylinders. When the key is "on" the indicator is in the right spot (on the axis with the holes). When i rev the motor while the bike is in neutral i can see the indicator flickering and at about 9000rmp it moves downward slightly. i can't get the bike to rev over 9000rpm and am trying to figure it out. the powervalve mechanism is new and the motor was completely rebuilt less than 300km ago. thanks<p>robert<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

parkside415@earthlink.net

guyh

Re: powervalve position

#2 Post by guyh » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:36 pm

I usually get a significant movement of the powervalve arm when I blip the throttle so the motor goes above 6000 rpm .... I'm not sure I get it as high as 9000 rpm. The movement is a quick smooth jump and return as the revs goes up and back down.<br>regards,<br> guy
<br>

guy_harper@yahoo.com.au

robert

#3 Post by robert » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:49 pm

hi guy. someone told me the 12 o'clock position is correct but the indicator should move down to the open position when the bike is revved. i opened the controller connection and cleaned it with contact cleaner. if that doesn't do the trick, i'll try to borrow a controller from someone and test my bike with one that i know is working. i'm getting the bottom coil bracket repaired, too, and can test the powervalve once the bracket is done. i'm starting to see that it's all a big game of "elimintation."<br>thanks again<p>robert<br>
<br>

Tony in Denver

#4 Post by Tony in Denver » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:03 am

Did you try to rotate it manually, by hand? It may be that the powervalve is hanging up on the piston or cylinder. Sometimes when we overbore (even slightly) we forget to clearance the powervalve. I've missed this in the past on an RZ350.<p>Good luck.<p>Tony in Denver
<br>

mra21@hotmail.com

robert

#5 Post by robert » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:24 am

hi tony. it's still on the original bore but i'll try to turn it manually. right now i'm approaching it from an electrical perspective-controller, ground, etc. thanks for the suggestion.<p>robert
<br>