coils

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

robert

coils

#1 Post by robert » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:51 pm

basic question about the coils. the lower coil bracket has snapped at the bolt hole (not the bolt that holds the coil to the frame but the bolt that holds the coil to the bracket). i zip tied it back into place and it's snug. when i put the upper coil back after the frame was painted i put a little black tape on the cross beam where the coil "hangs" so it didn't scratch the new paint. the bottom of the upper coil is securely fastened. anybody know of any problems i might be having with this setup?<p>thanks<br>robert
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

parkside415@earthlink.net

Bill in PA

Re: coils

#2 Post by Bill in PA » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:20 pm

Uhh...Yeah.<br>The bolts that mount the coils are a part of the electrical circuit that uses the frame as ground. Zip ties and electrical tape don't carry electrons very well. Scratch up the new paint job under the bolted connection so electrons can flow easily.
<br>

rzbill@hotmail.com

robert

Re: coils

#3 Post by robert » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:29 pm

hi bill and thanks for the reply. i got the bracket repaired at a local metal shop and someone suggested that i make a ground and run it from the bottom coil to the top coil and then bolt it somewhere on the motor or frame. i did that too and it seemed to do the trick. i also changed the spark plug caps and now i'm down to testing the ypvs controller and rejetting the carbs. i won't say "done" but i'm close!<br>thanks again<p>robert
<br>

parkside415@earthlink.net