X2 throttle cable

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

ALAN

X2 throttle cable

#1 Post by ALAN » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:58 pm

How do you get the oil pump set right after fitting new cable as said in previous post adjustment at oil pump on cable adjuster just starts to move when at max. adjustment.Have spent all day trying to resolve , I just cant get my head round this one as I would have thought so basic and straight forward what am I missing????????
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

alantp@tiscali.co.uk

Paul Springthorpe

Re: X2 throttle cable

#2 Post by Paul Springthorpe » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:23 am

Hi Alan,<p>Are the following links of any help to you ??<p>http://www.rzv500r.net/E-Manuals/RD500- ... .html<p>If you keep searching the above site you may find more information that is of help.<p>Regards<br>Paul
<br>

paul@springthorpe74.freeserve.co.uk

matt

#3 Post by matt » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:09 pm

ALAN, don't know if you have been down this road yet with the oil pump cable but it is possible to wrap or wind it the wrong direction around the servo pully , I have but had the oppisite effect waay to much oil ,it could be something to check ? the key must be on and the servo cycling to set the correct position , once it starts it will move back to the correct position if it is all working right , disregard all this if it does not apply , it can't be to many things wrong if you have the correct cable fitted ...
<br>

creswell5@cableone.net

ALAN

#4 Post by ALAN » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:29 pm

Thanks lads had another go 2nite removed cable to check against old one same lenghths.Cable is fitted correct way . Whilst tinkering noticed YPVS servo open,close open close.in manual it shows when cycle finishes the pump arm should be inline alter to suit.Ican alter it to line up on cycle but it goes out at the end.Running her she smoking like mad .I only used to get smoke screen on cold start up .
<br>

alantp@tiscali.co.uk

matt

#5 Post by matt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:53 pm

hmmm, not sure what you mean ''I can alter it to line up but it goes out at the end'' ? you should be able to turn the ignition on, let the servo cycle and see if the mark lines up with the pump arm , if not the servo is not cycling right or the powervalve cables are adjusted wrong or you wound the oil pump cable the wrong direction around the servo pully ? sometimes a problem like this gets lost when try'n to explain it in words ....... but to me it sounds like the oil pump cable is on the servo wrong if it is smoking like a freight train now especially if it did not do it before ? when you say it does not line up which way is it out of adjustment lean or rich ? lean is left of the pump mark , rich is to the right of the mark...
<br>

creswell5@cableone.net

ALAN

#6 Post by ALAN » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:05 pm

Hi Matt cable is fitted under ypvs cables approx 90 deg.as you look from top not round the wheel .As it cycles it goes to the position in the book ,but when the cycle finishes it is in what I would say is lean,but opens when throttle is operated in synchro with carbs.After looking in manual I was under the impression that when ign is on and unit does cycle it should finish inline position ??????. So far Ive only run her on tickover not out on road as this causes me seriuos concern!!!!! It could well turn out to be prob with ypvs servo/control unit ???
<br>

alantp@tiscali.co.uk

matt

#7 Post by matt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:44 pm

Alan,yes it should operate exactly like the manual reads,thats strange that it seems to be pumping to much oil like you have stated in the lean setting ? I would check and see when the motor starts up if the servo pully is pulling the oil pump to a rich setting if it is the cable is wrong or was with mine ? also you can remove the oil pump cable from the servo and watch the direction the servo rotates and make sure you have the cable correct ,, if it is you have just eleminated one possible cause then make sure it is doing the complete cycle.....you will have to start eleminating all parts involved ... man thats clear as mud huh.....
<br>

creswell5@cableone.net

ALAN

#8 Post by ALAN » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:20 am

Thanks for feedback lads but to no avail.Reset from twist grip back to carbs all is 100% correct therefore oil pump should be simple to adjust correctly??? Turned ign on servo operated err,err,err correct err ??? what happened why would the servo go again left ign on whilst trying to get my head round it only for the cycle to intermittently perform .During these cycles 1 in about 8 the pre start up position was correct.As the servo is obviously performing mechanically I.E.opening & closing is this a control unit malfunction or other electrical problem.Really would appreciate feedback as I get the unearthly feeling of siezure if not corrected. P.S. On some cycles a constant ticking could be heard from servo unit.Also as shes only run at tickover plugs were wet/oily???
<br>

alantp@tiscali.co.uk