Heavy clutch springs??

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Mick Costin

Heavy clutch springs??

#1 Post by Mick Costin » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:49 am

Just a quick question - does anybody know of a heavy replacment spring for the RZ500 clutch springs??<p>Took the new TSI tuned bike to Eastern Creek and had a problem with some clutch slip!!<p>Cheers<br>Mick <p>
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

micoproducts@yahoo.com

Matt

Re: Heavy clutch springs??

#2 Post by Matt » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:48 am

I got some springs from wwww.johnstamnas.com<br>johnstamnas@aol.com<br>they are in QLD so i got them COD they were good to deal with. The springs looked exactly the same as orginals but when fitted they were a bit heavier to use but not to bad. I think you would need new friction plates if you are getting slip anyway.
<br>

matt@net2000.com.au

Dale R Murphy

#3 Post by Dale R Murphy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:20 am

Hi Mick. One common fix to increase plate pressure is to use 3 stock springs and 3 TZ750 springs. I have not used them myself but I have supplied many of these springs to others.<p>Anybody out there using them that would like to comment on how they feel and work?<p>Dale
<br>

madbeaver@ripnet.com

Adam

#4 Post by Adam » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:48 pm

I had the same problem when I built my motor. I made a 1mm shim that fits between the head of the spring bolt and the top of the spring. It made the lever pull a little firmer but the Clutch has never slipped again.
<br>

curtisrz500@hotmail.com

Art

#5 Post by Art » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:07 pm

Buy a complete clutch kit from Barnett. www.barnettclutches.com. You will not be disappointed.Dont waste time fooling around with shims and stuff...I say this from experience and dont buy a kit unless you buy it directly from them.<br>Art
<br>

4munsons@comcast.net