I`m in need of new tires

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Adam

I`m in need of new tires

#1 Post by Adam » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:44 pm

I found out today that I cant get my beloved Metz Comp K`s any longer. There is a replacement called the LaserTec, but I`m thinking I may try something different. I`ve been running this model for so long I dont even know what is rubber is available for the stock rims. I prefer a high performance tire and am thinking of really going out of my comfort zone and trying a radial. What tires are you guys with stock rims using?
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

curtisrz500@hotmail.com

Steen in Denmark

Re: I`m in need of new tires

#2 Post by Steen in Denmark » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:09 pm

Hi Adam,<p>I am satisfied with using Michelin Macadam 50 tyres in stock sizes. They hang on ok and seem to wear slow.<p>/Steen
<br>

steen.lokke@tiscali.dk

gareth

#3 Post by gareth » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:25 am

I have recently tried Pirelli 'Sport Daemons' and I think they are very good, the best I've had for the bike in fact. I only fit std sizes on the stock rims.
<br>

gareth.evans9@btinternet.com

Brian

#4 Post by Brian » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:09 pm

I'd go with Dunlop GT501.<p>They are priced good. And more than likely they will be fresh rubber (Months, not years), and not something that's been sitting the the warehouse for 5-10 years. <p>Not the best wearing, but by far not the worst. 5000-7000 and for the money it will make up for wear.<p> Trust me, Peace!
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Adam

#5 Post by Adam » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:19 pm

So I sprung for a set of Pirellis. They`ll be here in a few days....everything for this dam bike takes "a few days" Except for the worn out Avons that were on it when I bought it I`ve never rode my bike with anything other than Comp K`s. This should be interesting. I`ll let you guys know what I think.
<br>

curtisrz500@hotmail.com