'92 FZR600 front-end for RZV... direct bolt-on??

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Mike

'92 FZR600 front-end for RZV... direct bolt-on??

#1 Post by Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:27 pm

Hey RZ folk,<p>I want to update the front end on the ole RZ but want to spend MINIMAL time tinkering and get back to riding. Iam looking at purchasing a '92 FZR600 forks with triples.<p>I've read the YZF600R is a direct bolt-on upgrade but is this the same for the FZR? Also, how difficult would it be to use FZR rear wheel? I have read GSXR wheel is easier (but the spokes are staright and would not match FZ on front).<p>Thanks<p>Thanks,<p>Mike
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

mike@yourbestbody.com

David Mitchell

Re: '92 FZR600 front-end for RZV... direct bolt-on??

#2 Post by David Mitchell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:15 am

Any of the FZR 600/400 will bolt on. For any of the rear wheels some machining will be required. I have a fzr600 front and a yzf600 rear rim on my bike, they match up nice together. The fzr rear is a bit narrow.
<br>

daverize@sbcglobal.net

Sven

#3 Post by Sven » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:34 pm

Make sure you get the fzr600 top triple clamp and not the 400 as on the 400 the key barrel is 10mm closer towards the stem and has some fitting problems. The fzr400 triple clamp will fit, just don't fit the lock. You will also need to file out the hole that the lock slides into on the frame to lock the steering but it is only a tiny bit of material that needs removing. Use a dremel or a die grinder if you can to make the job easier and faster. Apart from the top triple clamp and maybe fork springs, everything is the same between the 2 fzr,s.
<br>

svenhoik@optusnet.com.au

wolfgang

#4 Post by wolfgang » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:26 pm

Would the FZR600 frontend be any better than the RZ500

Ken Smith

#5 Post by Ken Smith » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:50 am

The YZF600 Thundercat is a direct bolt on and a much better ft end than the FZR600. Has speedo drive ect. Just that they are hard to find. If you can find one complete with ft wheel that's the ft end mod I'd suggest.<br> <br> Have one on my one bike and it works great and also has the better brakes. Not a USD ft end but works very well and with all the extra work of installing a USD ft end and all the changes to the things under the fairing, I don't feel that the USD ft end is that much better than the YZF ft end for street riding. USDs may look better, RZ Bill rode mine after doing his R1 ft end and didn.t see that much differance on the street.
<br>

RDRZRGTZR@att.net

David Mitchell

#6 Post by David Mitchell » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:24 am

The advantages of the fzr over the rz is better rubber due to 17" size and marginally better brakes. I used r6 brakes on mine.
<br>

daverize@sbcglobal.net