Gamma Gathering at Autobahn

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Mark Hill

Gamma Gathering at Autobahn

#1 Post by Mark Hill » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:32 am

Hey everybody been busy...<p>Andy (ATR) and I were at the Gamma Gathering this past weekend at Autobahn in Chicago defending the RZ 500 honor. Jones is half a traitor because he brought both is TZR250/500 and his RGV250/500 Replica bikes.<p>I just had my ratty old RZV track day bike...<p>Some guy named Kent from some bike mag was hanging around asking a lot of questions on Saturday and bumming rides on Sunday :) <p>Seriously, A great time had by all, no one got hurt and kudos to Randy Norian for organizing the event. Got to meet some other guys from the boards too.<p>Mark <p>
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

mhill@stny.rr.com

Maurizio

Re: Gamma Gathering at Autobahn

#2 Post by Maurizio » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:31 am

Hi Mark,<br>Pictures? Was Tracy Burkhart there too? How many bikes where there?...got too many questions....
<br>

info@vdueusa.com

Mark Hill

#3 Post by Mark Hill » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:34 pm

I'll get to the Pictures as they come in and collected. Randy Norian will be putting together the updates.<p>Tracy didn't make it. My bike was second only to Randy's Gamma Delta in speed and was possibly the best handling bike there, next to Andy Jones's TZR250/500. <p>Kent Kunitsugu blew a rod retiring the Gamma Delta, the ATR TZR250/500 had some teething problems in the front suspension but had the best power delivery and the TSI spec pipes with 35MM TMX carbs on what is the same basic engine that I have (only fresh not 5 years of track days old) was stronger than my bike by a fair bit. <p>Quote of the weekend: K.K., "Wow, this thing is fast!" after 20 minutes of flogging my RZV.<p>Dent and his company of brits were wild and fast riders, the R rated helmet graphics and Kilt are another story.<p>I'll post more later.<p>A fantastic time had by all !!<p>Pay attention to Sport Rider around christmas is what I'm told.<p>We're starting to plan an event at Mosport for 2006.<p>Mark
<br>

mhill@stny.rr.com

Brian

#4 Post by Brian » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:25 pm

Man, I guess it couldn't get much better than that. Glad everybody had fun. <p>Someday before I get to old, I'de like to join you guys. <p>
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Mark Hill

#5 Post by Mark Hill » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:08 pm

Correction: Andy's TZR250/500 has 32MM carbs not 35 :)
<br>

mhill@stny.rr.com

Gary Papesh

Pardon me but I live under a rock!!!

#6 Post by Gary Papesh » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:03 pm

Hello Mark,are you referring to the Autobahn country club race track in Joliet Il? When did this track day happen? I live about 5 miles away,so that would be really cool to attend a gathering of the two stroke faithful so close to home.Is another outing planned for next year? Sincerely, Gary Papesh.
<br>

gary_papesh@earthlink.net

AJ

Re: Gamma Gathering at Autobahn-traitor??

#7 Post by AJ » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:16 am

Geez, a guy rides another two stroke from another manufacturer and he's branded for life!! At least I didn't bring a "diesel"
<br>

a.jones@sympatico.ca

Mark Hill

Re: Pardon me but I live under a rock!!!

#8 Post by Mark Hill » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:40 pm

Yep, That would be the place. We are early in the planning stages for next year. Though it may not be At Autobahn.<p>http://homepage.mac.com/rg500delta/auto ... al232.html <p>
<br>

mhill@stny.rr.com