TSI spec pipes

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Mark Hill

TSI spec pipes

#1 Post by Mark Hill » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:39 am

BTW I rode a 500 with a near identical engine to mine that had custom GP style TSI spec pipes. The dyno will tell all, but they were noticably different leaning towards better than my Jolly Motos. Just in case you were wondering all bets are off fitting them under stock body work :)
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

mhill@stny.rr.com

Brian

Re: TSI spec pipes

#2 Post by Brian » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:31 pm

That's cool to know about the TSI pipes, because I've pursued it in the past (6 years), and everybody and there brother on this board talked me out of building them (Based on nothing but guess's and speculations), and told me to just get the JMs. <br> <br>And now that Aircone (Pipe builders) is gone here in Vegas, I guess I'll never know if they work better. <br>What everybody said was, "they only work in a very narrow RPM range." Based on what? I don't know. <br> <br>Just wondering if you can dispel those NA-sayers.<br> <br> I think you are the fist person I've heard on this board ever, that has actually seen somebody build these Yamaha TSI spec pipes. (6 years) <br> <br>Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Although to late. F&*$%^$*
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Wyn Belorusky

#3 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:38 pm

"And now that Aircone (Pipe builders) is gone here in Vegas"<p>Yeah, what happened to Aircone? Did they go out of business? They'd been around for ever.
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com

Brian

#4 Post by Brian » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:07 pm

The guys name was Gary (Nice guy). <p>I stopped by his shop about a month ago, and some landscaping company was there. <p>I guess the diesels put him under. <p>I'm sure he works for somebody now, around the area. <p>I just wish, I at least had him build me the cones. <p>Ohh well. If I ever find him, I'll do a post, because I'm sure he still can make the cones.
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Wyn Belorusky

#5 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:29 pm

He was a real nice guy, I had bought some stuff from him over the years, always got it to me when he said it was going to be here.
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com

Mark Hill

#6 Post by Mark Hill » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:10 pm

The dyno will tell all.
<br>

mhill@stny.rr.com

Brian

#7 Post by Brian » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 pm

Finally! <p>The proof is in the putting. <p>I can't wait (Really!!!). <p>Please let us know if, and when. <p>Like to know about the mid-range also. <p>Thanks
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com