aluminum sheet, for inside panel

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

lague1000

aluminum sheet, for inside panel

#1 Post by lague1000 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:10 am

Hi guys, <br>I would like to put new aluminum sheeting inside the plastic side cover. All i have found is a roll of aluminum tape about two inch wide for air duck use. I am looking for a sheet or maybe a roll the size of the one we use for cooking in the kitchen, witch is about 12 inch wide, but it needs to be a couple of gage thicker. <br>I can allways put the glu on myself, if it is not self adesif.<p>Any sugestion on were to look, would be appreciated.<br>Maybe firefighters stuff ??????<p>thanks<br>jp
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

jean-patrick.lague@tva.ca

Brian

Re: aluminum sheet, for inside panel

#2 Post by Brian » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:30 am

I know they have that stuff for motocross plastic. Self sticking too. <p>I would think that would work.
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Mike Cichetti

#3 Post by Mike Cichetti » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:46 am

You can get nice size sheets of self sticking from Summit Racing. It's peel and stick and you can cut it to size.
<br>

gpkotbh@aol.com

Brian

#4 Post by Brian » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:06 pm

Hmmmm, nice to know. <p>Thank you.
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Scott

#5 Post by Scott » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:20 pm

Don't know where you are but if in Canada, I found some peel and stick heat shield stuff at Canadian Tire that matches the stock stuff really close. It is in the part of the store with ventilation stuff. The matting is a rubbery stuff with the foil tape bonded to it - not the fiberglass matt like stuff in the originnal. It looks almosat the same when mounted and it was cheap, like less than $10 CDN for a huge roll about 8 inches wide.<p>Scott
<br>

ssmacdon@hotmail.com

James Hunter (CLUB RZ Aus

#6 Post by James Hunter (CLUB RZ Aus » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:51 pm

Try contacting Cool tech or Thermo tech in the states as I purchaesd some self adhesive panels that are about 3mm thick and heat resistant which I applied to the rear cols as well as the battery box, looks standard, cheers mate.<p>Email: extrememotoimports@hotmail.com
<br>

extrememotoimports@hotmail.com

lague1000

#7 Post by lague1000 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:16 am

Thanks for all the info <p>jp
<br>

jean-patrick.lague@tva.ca