Let all get that DVD

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Brian

Let all get that DVD

#1 Post by Brian » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:00 am

That DVD of the RZ500 racing the VF1000R is up on E-bay again. <p>I'm not going to sign up for E-bay just to get that DVD. I was wondering if we all could do a group buy and sombody burn some DVDs. Or sell me a copy of that race. I would just love to see that race but not for $$$$$ to much money. <p>Thanks <p>Brian Breiwick <br>8888 Tierney Court <br>Las Vegas NV 89149 <p>cell 702 808-9983
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Paul K

Re: Let all get that DVD

#2 Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:30 am

What is the ebay number for that DVD? <p>Paul K
<br>

paulkjeweler@sbcglobal.net

Paul K

#3 Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:49 am

I got my RZ500 in the fall of '85. I took it to Laguna Seca in the summer of '86 for the national. I met up with a guy on a VFR100 who happened to be a CHP officer. He said to follow him, and if we get pulled over, let him do the talking........... Cool!! To make a long story short, the only two places that the VFR was better than the RZ is in the first two gears, and the fact that it has electric start.......... Seeing how we tend to spend very little time in the first two gears, and only have to start the bike once on each ride, no contest. Don't order yet, the RZ even used less gas when riding hard. once past 5Krpm in third and higher, the RZ just pulls away. We swapped rides for about 10 minutes, because that was about as long as I could take it. The VFR was like driving a Ryder rental trcuk,,, a BIG rental truck. My RZ was bone stock, even the tires, which were scary at best. So without seeing the race, I would bet that the RZ cleaned his clock, given close to equal riders. I would like to see the DVD. Like we say, two strokes are more than four.................<p>Paul K
<br>

Steen in Denmark

#4 Post by Steen in Denmark » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:49 am

Ok - I will place a reasonable bid on that DVD. -And I will make copies for you guys afterwards....<p>/Steen
<br>

steen.lokke@tiscali.dk

Ronnie

#5 Post by Ronnie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:17 pm

I got that dvd off ebay a while ago. the quality isnt the best but it's good viewing if you're a 500 fan! reliabilty seemed to get the better of the vfr and the win was controversial to say the least but hey, who cares!
<br>

ronnie@snoozeville.freeserve.co.uk

Greg Mc

#6 Post by Greg Mc » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:54 pm

I have the DVD and am willing to burn it for peeps, just pay for the postage and dvd, i suppose $10 australian should cover it.<p>Greg
<br>

bigmac2x2@hotmail.com

Paul K

#7 Post by Paul K » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:45 am

I just received notice that I won the auction, and will make copies and send for cost to all interested after I recieve the DVD.........<p>Paul K
<br>

Brian

#8 Post by Brian » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:11 pm

Awesome! Let use/me know.
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com