Lomas pipes

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Ken Smith

Re: Lomas pipes

#16 Post by Ken Smith » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:44 am

I presonaly have never tried the JL pipes. Rick Lance is the only person I know of who sells TC pipes. They are a low production pipe and takes some time to get them. (this gives new meaning to good things take time LOL) If looking into used ones, a few of the very early TC don't work as well as the later ones do. There were not many of them but they do show up for sale. Most fokes who use TC's will never sell a good used set.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

RDRZRGTZR@att.net

Lordie

#17 Post by Lordie » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 am

Eric...Veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy Nnice!!!!!!!<br>I have a set of Nikkons on mine (not GP) but they still work well. Sorry to change the subject a bit.... what type of carbs are those????
<br>

andrew.lord@vacon.co.uk

Eric

#18 Post by Eric » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:43 pm

The carbs are 28mm mikuni flats with a Wilson performance throttle cable set-up. <p>It survived the largest evacuation in history (yep, I live in Houston)last week so hopefully I'll either find or make the time to finish the bike soon so I can enjoy riding it again. <p>Eric
<br>

rzv500r@aol.com

wolfgang

#19 Post by wolfgang » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:57 am

Well I have JL Stainless steel pipes on 2 of my bikes (APRILIA RS250 and YAMAHA TZR250) but not on an RZ500 yet. I had no problem whatsoever with cracks or quality. Both sets fitted very well.<br>I cannot compare performance because I had not used any other aftermarket pipes on these bikes before.<br>The issue with oil leaking flanges is confirmed but can be fixed pretty easily by inserting an O-ring of proper size into the flange (at the end of the header pipe).<br>The fact that the upper pipes on the RZ500 system are shorter than the lowers also applies to the YZR500 racebike (where JL has also built pipes for and apparently found some horses).<br>I personally know Jim as a reputable honest man, only weak point is keeping promised dates....
<br>

wolfgang_hromada@aon.at

wolfgang

#20 Post by wolfgang » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:14 am

Eric,<br>I will run same setup. What mods have you doen to your engine and have you figured out correct jetting of the flatslides yet?
<br>

wolfgang_hromada@aon.at

Rick Bishop

#21 Post by Rick Bishop » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:25 pm

Greetings From Canada.I installed a set of stainless JL pipes on my rz500 this summer and the fit and finish was perfect.The only problem encountered was the flanges are not as thick as the stock ones and the studs did not have enough thread to tighten up the flanges all the way[maybe why some people had oil leaks]A couple of flat washers under each nut solved the problem.I also wraped the upper pipes with exhaust wrap[woven material 2 inches wide]to cool down my butt.The pipes do work great.I also installed Ivans needles["A" needles 3 slots from the top] and went up 2 jet sizes.I also drilled out the pilot holes[as suggested by Ivan]to 1/16 of an inch.My bike pulls hard to 12000rpm but I do not like to run it that high.The quality of the pipes was impecable as was the fit.I am not too sure what pipes to put on my RG,but I am leaning towards crawfords.I just did not wish to relocate my oil resivoir or change my air intake.Any way,I love the looks,sound and power of my bike.I would buy them again.Rick
<br>

rickandlita@aol.com