Pipes.....again!

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Mark

Pipes.....again!

#1 Post by Mark » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:01 am

Thanks for the response about the Lomas pipes guys,food for thought. The only problem with my Nikons is the grounding issue,which raising the new back end should cure(why do these things never go smoothly).They do perform better at high rpm though and the welding is not as neat as Erics stainless Lomas pipes.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

bubba.love@ntlworld.com

Brian

Re: Pipes.....again!

#2 Post by Brian » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:57 pm

Couldn't you weld a skid plate on them? <p>My RD500LC I bought, had a skid plate welded on the stock pipes from the roadracer I bought it from. And it had scrap marks on it.
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Lordie

#3 Post by Lordie » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:56 am

The Nikkons on my bike only started hitting the deck when I went to 17inch rims..... I was so pleased to get some really good tyres on with the RGV front and back end I fitted, that I holed both sides of the lower pipes in about 10 miles of riding (Also thanks to the RZ soft back shock.) <br>The solution was to find a second hand bottom shock mount (Off eBay for

Mark

#4 Post by Mark » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:41 am

Hi Lordie,sounds like a winner to me.Been toying with the idea of trying to build some sort of adjustability into the shock mount. See what winter brings(heartache,misery,bills and 'mates'that want favours probably).Where can you get TC pipes? Are they available in the UK?<br>On a different theme,if Harleys are so great why is the first thing people do is modify them?<br>Thanks for all the replys guys,<br>Mark.
<br>

bubba.love@ntlworld.com

Ken Smith

#5 Post by Ken Smith » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:34 pm

I wouldn't call CHROMEING modifying!!!
<br>

RDRZRGTZR@att.net

Jeff B

#6 Post by Jeff B » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:21 pm

Adding parts designed and sold specifically for the bike by the bike manufacturer to get the bike to look, sound, and ride like it should have when it was built, doesn't really count as modifying either.
<br>

beeks81@aol.com

Andrew

#7 Post by Andrew » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:54 am

Riding a Harley is an image thing... they don't understand the physics of ''4 smokin barrels!!!''<br>
<br>

andrew.lord@vacon.co.uk