Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Jeff B

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

#1 Post by Jeff B » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:51 pm

I joined this club last month to see what it was about. My first impression is that their geared toward collecting, restoring, and selling old jap bikes (with absolutely no interest in riding them and most deffinately not modifying them). I guess the club is dead and being replaced already. <p>There are 2 reasons I bring this up. First they talk about a bike show and swap meet at Iola. Iola is well known for the old car show and largest swap meet in the States if not the whole world. Could be something to look foreward too! The Iola name should bring people in.<p>Secondly they talk about insuring up to 12 bikes on one premium. Has anyone found a company that will do this? <p>I attached the letter I recieved just in case anyone is interested. It's long and boring. <p>Jeff<p><br>To all Wisconsin VJMC members, state VJMC show participants, friends, and motorcycle colleagues:<p> <p>It is with only a little regret that I wish to inform you that as of this morning, I am stepping down as a member of the board of directors of the VJMC, and also as their state field representative. I know a lot of you have expected this based on the information that was presented to you earlier, but being that I like to see things done properly, it was the right thing to do. Additionally, I have withdrawn my name as a candidate for treasurer for the VJMC.<p> <p>With that thought in mind, I am not encouraging to cancel your subscription to the VJMC magazine. (not only that, but if everyone did, they wouldn