replacing powervalve controller

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

BigRog

replacing powervalve controller

#1 Post by BigRog » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:15 am

HI All<p>My pv controller has died. I have a TZR 250 item that I know will do a good job, but I do not know the wiring.<p>Any help?<p>R
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

rc.key@ntlworld.com

Gareth

Re: replacing powervalve controller

#2 Post by Gareth » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:02 pm

I have tried this mod myself...didn't actually do a lot on my bike except give it less mid-range. The way I wired it was to de-solder the wires off both controllers making note of what went where. I then solderd the RD cables back onto the TZR board....it was easy really. (I cut the silicone away neatly around the wires on the board with a hobby knife).
<br>

gareth.evans9@btinternet.com

Dale R Murphy

#3 Post by Dale R Murphy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:34 am

Hi there. I have had several people recently inquire about YPVS controllers. Just a note to let people know that I just checked and they are still available from Yamaha.<p>Dale
<br>

madbeaver@ripnet.com

Anthony in Perth

#4 Post by Anthony in Perth » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:15 pm

RZ250 or RZ350 are a direct replacement. I have a 250 on my bike. Can't remember if they have the same plug. If they don't, the wires are the same colours anyway, so just chop the ends off and join 'em on.<p>I have read on here that the TZR moves the opening point of the powervalves up a couple of thousnad rpm. Thats the reason Gareth is saying there is less midrange.<p>Anthony Dodd
<br>

anthonydodd500@yahoo.com.au

Tim

#5 Post by Tim » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:23 pm

I recently had a YPVS controller fail. I took the unit to an auto electrician who fixes Car ECU's. He found the input Diodes blown. Replaced them and all is well. Cost me 10 pounds. Now works fine. Maybe worth having it looked at. Could be a cheap repair.
<br>

timspu@hotmail.com