RZ500 vs. VFR 1000 race DVD

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Paul K

RZ500 vs. VFR 1000 race DVD

#1 Post by Paul K » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:53 am

I am the "lucky" winner of the ebay auction of the video of the 6 hr race in Australia. Unfortunatly, it does not play on DVD players in the USA. SO, if you want it, it cost me $75.28 USD. Ouch, especially since it wouldn't play on my player. I will sell it to anyone who anyone who wants it. Contact me, I take paypal, and will ship to you on payment of the amount I paid for it..... <p>Paul K
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

paulkjeweler@sbcglobal.net

Region code removal on DV

Re: RZ500 vs. VFR 1000 race DVD

#2 Post by Region code removal on DV » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:03 am

Hi Paul,<p>The easiest solution probably is to modify the player to be code-free. Then you shouldn't have any problems playing the DVD.<br>Or you can wait until I get my copy of the DVD (on its way from Greg Mcguiness). I'll be happy to make a region-free copy for you.<p>/Steen
<br>

steen.lokke@tiscali.dk

Paul K

#3 Post by Paul K » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:16 am

Hi Steen<p>I just bought a new Sony DVD player last night to be sure that I had a good player to see it on. I checked the manual to see how to make it code free, but it didn't say. I am no way geek enough to be able to modify it....... How do you do that?<p>Paul K
<br>

paulkjeweler@sbcglobal.net

Scott

#4 Post by Scott » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:37 pm

You can search on google, there are quite few pages with "hacks" usually combinations of buttons to press on the remote. Here is an example:<p>http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?d ... arch<p>You might want to read the faq (probably some warnings...). The DVD drive and one of the video players on my pc plays all regions.<p>Scott
<br>

ssmacdon@hotmail.com