Part Numbers Required for RZV500R Lower Rear Engine Mounting

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Paul Springthorpe

Part Numbers Required for RZV500R Lower Rear Engine Mounting

#1 Post by Paul Springthorpe » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:23 am

Hi,<p>Just checked the RZV500R parts catalogue on the RZV500r.net site to find out the part numbers of the rear lower engine mounting brackets (left and right) - these are separate on the RZV500, but part of the frame for the RD/RZ500 - however the parts diagram seems to show a RD/RZ500 frame on the RZV500r.net site- ie no 51X part number - <br>So can anyone tell me the part numbers that I need for these engine mounting plates please ?<p>Many thanks<p>Regards<br>Paul
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

paul@springthorpe74.freeserve.co.uk

Wyn Belorusky

Re: Part Numbers Required for RZV500R Lower Rear Engine Moun

#2 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:56 am

Ready to copy?<p>Lower, left rear RZV engine mount: 51X-21427-00<p>Lower, right rear RZV engine mount: 51X-21428-00
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com

Paul Springthorpe

#3 Post by Paul Springthorpe » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:42 am

Hi Wyn,<p>Many thanks.<p>Regards<br>Paul
<br>

Rob

#4 Post by Rob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:19 pm

I bough a piece of 1" angle iron and drilled a couple holes in it - welded a nut to it and shaped it like the original - probably took an hour (i had one of the 2, so had something to pattern off of)<p>rob
<br>

roadkillrobert@yahoo.com

Paul Springthorpe

#5 Post by Paul Springthorpe » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 pm

Hi Rob,<p>I guessed they must be a simple shape - if the price is silly and I'm expecting it to be silly knowing Yamaha I'll have a go at making one - I don't suppose you have a photo of what they look like ?? - I guess if I copy what I can see on a steel RD500 frame I can't go too far wrong ??<p>Thanks<p>Regards<br>Paul
<br>

Rob

#6 Post by Rob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:35 pm

They are pretty simple, just a 90 degree piece, bottom is mostly rectangular and the width of the aluminum cross piece, with just the corners rounded, it has a nut welded on the top of the whole that is drilled in it to match the hole in the frame. The verticle section just has the hole drilled in it to match the engine case and then is rounded around the hole and sloped down to the bottom. Just make sure it doesn't hit anything and that is about it - I will draw a pic and send it to you. Let me know if you get stuck if they are out of stock or hugely expensive - I didn't even attempt to buy one - let me know how you make out, I can take mine off and make them for you if the need be.<p>Rob
<br>

roadkillrobert@yahoo.com

Paul Springthorpe

#7 Post by Paul Springthorpe » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:11 am

Hi Rob,<p>I'll search around for the bits - I'm going to try BAT Motorcycles in the UK - Thanks for the offer to make them - I might just get back to you on that !!<p>Regards<br>Paul
<br>