beware of scam!

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Team Raceready Motorsport

beware of scam!

#1 Post by Team Raceready Motorsport » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:35 am

I just had an interesting experence. Someone calling himself Benson Cooper said he wanted to purchase my last RZ. I became suspious when he wanted me to cash a cheque for twice the amount and send him the rest. He didn't even ask any questions about the bike. He said that he would handle all the shipping. On follow up emails the whole letter was unreadable and the wrighting style completly different. When I pressed him for information I didn't hear back from him. When I tried to send him another email his address had been discontinued. If anyone gets mail from this guy or someone trying the same scam don't give him any information about yourself. It figures that in all the years I have done this I haven't had any problems, and now that I'm getting out the scamers come out.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

teamraceready@yahoo.ca

wolfgang

Re: beware of scam!

#2 Post by wolfgang » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:45 am

The exact same thing happened to me half a year ago, but it was another name.
<br>

wolfgang_hromada@aon.at

Diabolik

#3 Post by Diabolik » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:08 am

Hi,<p>same approached with me as well abt one year ago. Different name.<p>Rgds<br>Gianni
<br>

olivieri@attglobal.net

Brian

#4 Post by Brian » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:53 pm

You should have called the FBI or police before you try to contact the guy back, and help get this guy off the street. <p>Thanks for the warning.
<br>

Elvishead666@aol.com

Art

#5 Post by Art » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:50 am

There are thousands of thiefs doing this on every site that sells just about anything.Usually they say they are a "broker" for the buyer and they will send you a check for much more than your asking price,playing on the sellers greed.Then they want you to send them your check for the original price.You think all is well untill your bank calls you to tell you the company check,money order,cashiers check or bank draft you deposited two weeks ago was a forgery.<br>...Sorry this is not a 2 stroke tech related subject but I just felt like butting in.
<br>

4munsons@comcast.net