500 Two-Stroke Tech

500cc GP-Replica Tech Forums

Search  FAQ  Register Login
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Considering Sale of my '84 RZ500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:57 pm 

Hi,

I have an '84 with a clean FL title that I have had in my garage and barn for about 15 years. It's all there and in fact was running back then. But I parked it, had a family and you know the rest of the story. Always wanted to get it going again but think it's time for someone who really gets what these bikes are to enjoy it.

Condition; I had the engine totally rebuilt with genuine RZ parts (back then) which I had to wait on from Japan. Only issue I had with it was one morning went out in the garage and all the injector oil had leaked on the floor. The fairing has some scratches, a golf ball size hole around one of the mirrors, a very small tear in the seat cover also. I do have extra faring parts I was going to paint and replace though. I ordered every nut and fastener/bolt for the plastic parts and I believe I will be able to find them tucked away somewhere in the garage. I also ordered the OEM decal kit for the bike to apply once repainted.

The weather has been non-stop rain here in the Panhandle of Florida, so I would have pulled it out and gave it a bath before posting this with pictures but just wanted to see if there was even any interest out there.

Thanks, Ed

Post subject: Re: Considering Sale of my '84 RZ500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 pm 

Ed,

Being in Georgia and you in somewhat nearby Florida, I certainly am interested in some further discussion about your bike. You can PM me or post more information here if you prefer.

Frank Schoenbeck
Carrollton, Georgia
678 593-6677 cell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:50 pm 

edrichard wrote:
Hi,

I have an '84 with a clean FL title that I have had in my garage and barn for about 15 years. It's all there and in fact was running back then. But I parked it, had a family and you know the rest of the story. Always wanted to get it going again but think it's time for someone who really gets what these bikes are to enjoy it.

Condition; I had the engine totally rebuilt with genuine RZ parts (back then) which I had to wait on from Japan. Only issue I had with it was one morning went out in the garage and all the injector oil had leaked on the floor. The fairing has some scratches, a golf ball size hole around one of the mirrors, a very small tear in the seat cover also. I do have extra faring parts I was going to paint and replace though. I ordered every nut and fastener/bolt for the plastic parts and I believe I will be able to find them tucked away somewhere in the garage. I also ordered the OEM decal kit for the bike to apply once repainted.

The weather has been non-stop rain here in the Panhandle of Florida, so I would have pulled it out and gave it a bath before posting this with pictures but just wanted to see if there was even any interest out there.

Thanks, Ed

Price range????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:54 pm 

Serious buyer here. Best Regards, Joe
Stuart, FL

YAMAHA : (2) RZ500 - (1) RZ350 - (1) TA125

HARLEY DAVIDSON : (1) FXDX 1450 - (1) XR1200