COTA pictures

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

COTA pictures

#1 Post by pstamper » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:42 pm

A few pics from June track weekend at Circuit Of The Americas. Did not push either bike. Nice one had 4 year old Michelin tires and other had bad rebound on rear shock. The Pirelli slicks worked well.

Last year at COTA with Kris Lillegard riding the RZ6

Bikes unloaded

Amphitheater tower in background

Saturday being careful

Sunday with the RZ6

Jeppe500

Re: COTA pictures

#2 Post by Jeppe500 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi pstamper
Looking really good :cool:
I hope the weather here in Sweden will be as good as it is in Texas when I will
have my trackday here.

//Jeppe

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: COTA pictures

#3 Post by pstamper » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Just sent shock to Rick Lance so we could find out what is up with the rebound issue. I did not push it because I was worried about packing. With out enough rebound the shock will eventually not come back up. Leads to change in steering head angle making for wide exits in corners and loss of traction due to squatting problems on the rear. Who knows, that could of been what threw me down at Texas World Speedway a few year ago. Suspension is worse than carb issues on our bikes. Especially with all the different components we all bolt on to our 1984 motorcycles. Squat, anti squat, rebound, hi and low speed dampening, free sag, rider sag, stiction, CG, and then throw in sticky tires. Oh and we have not even started with lightweight wheels. We make our bikes go fast but if they do not handle or stop what do we really have? Ahhhhh a 1970 Kawasaki H1. :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009