New members bike

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

STOKEYSRD

New members bike

#1 Post by STOKEYSRD » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Finaly got round to signing up to this site :smt006 I have been watching for a long time and learned a lot of good tips and tricks from you lot.
Well I got my first RD 500 in 1994 it was in a breakers yard smashed fairing bent forks and in a very poor state, so i bought it took it apart fixed it up with grp fairing then ran out of money so it sat in the front room under the window for the next 2 years, then some mates got bikes and it got the bug going again so I got tax & mot and we were off for the next 4 years, rode it during 2 winters not to be recomended, in that time I started collecting genuine parts to do a good rebuild so when the CDI went west I decided it was time to start so out came all the spares.
The bike already had a tuned motor so it had a rebore with gen pistons and I got a brand new set of c/cases, (ebay) c/w bearings & gear box cover then I got new reed blocks oil pump + gaskets had the cranks rebuilt all new only the flywheels are old.
When it came to the paintwork I thought I would do a Roberts rep so I took it to Martin Holt he trades as Toxic Crow there are no decals on the bike it is all airbrush work, had some chroming done then got all the other bits powder coated frame,wheels,engine cases, calipers and all the brackets the wheels are gold on the outer faiding to black inthe center.
I have owned LC's since 81 a mars bar 250 then 2 lc 350 one was in yellow & white roberts colours wish I had it now then a 350 ypvs n1.
I know the 500 is not std but it is what I wanted :grin: , in all I have had a total of 7, 500's now kept buying them to get spares i needed then selling them on they were cheap then but not anymore. the only bits that are not std are the screen, discs & brake lines. I am going to try to post some pics.Hope you like them.
At the at start,Image
Striped before paintImage
At the end
Alan

Essexmetal
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by Essexmetal » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:08 pm

Wow,

I have been talking about that paint scheme on one of my bikes for a long time now. Good to see someone do more than talk and complete it.

The bike looks fabulous. Wouldn't change a thing on the execution.

How did you do the decals and signature?

Regards,
Rick

gus
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by gus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:42 pm

hey Rick, that wouldn't be your 643 bike now would it, after I seen your name I had to check and yep its yellow, nice job Stokey..............

STOKEYSRD

#4 Post by STOKEYSRD » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:14 am

Thanks gus ,I wil get back to you about the cranks next month, alan
Alan

rztom
Site Admin

#5 Post by rztom » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:35 am

Bike looks really clean, Alan... great attention to detail :-) KR sig is a nice touch....

Welcome to the group! :cool: