VDue by request only

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

VDue by request only

#1 Post by rzatch » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:00 pm

At one time there were two but one has now moved to sunny Florida. The one that is left has only been started the other had 3 miles on it. I haven't heard anything from the new owner but was told he intended to use it as a track bike.

rztom
Site Admin

Re: VDue by request only

#2 Post by rztom » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:55 am

rzatch wrote:I haven't heard anything from the new owner but was told he intended to use it as a track bike.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Dubsey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Could be tempted to give the RD up for one of those :shock: :shock: :shock:

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by rzatch » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:06 pm

From talking with the drivers that he had pick it up for him. You know, one of those rich doctor types. Wink Philly way. It was the only way his wife would let him buy another bike. He already has a few bikes higher end stuff (ducati's) and wanted this one, but she's not really keen on him riding on the street and told him if he would stay off the street with it and only use it when he goes to track days then he could have it.

rztom
Site Admin

#5 Post by rztom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:52 am

Ron - it's special enough to have just one V-due, but you had TWO?? :shock: How'd you pull that off?

And, of course, the question begs to be asked - why did you sell one? (I'm sure we all know the answer to that one - needed the $$$, right?) :cool:

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by rzatch » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Sorry Tom but some things are best left alone :cool: . Let's just say that allot of things had to come together perfectly and will never happen again. Actually the plan was to sell both of them but I may just keep this one. I've been kicking around the idea of riding it this year, I don't know, may just leave it in moth balls. The other one got ridden b/c there was no way one of them wasn't going to be. I was suprised he didn't take this one actually. I guess the 3 miles didn't matter lol. But I will answer one of your questions. It sold for $19,000. Last I knew there were only 6 in the country and that includes the 2 I had.

Can't much newer than this.

Gary Papesh
- - - - -
- - - - -

Dealer prep?-no thanks!

#7 Post by Gary Papesh » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:41 am

Uncrating and prepping your own V-due,how cool is that!! :supz:
The man who dies with the biggest carbon footprint WINS !!!

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by wolfgangh » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:11 am

rzatch,
was it the injection or carb version, and during the 3 mls, did it run properly? Often heard about the probs with the injector model.

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#9 Post by rzatch » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:49 pm

It is the Evoluzione model 120hp, carbureted with digital dash. Yes it ran perfectly as far as I could tell in the short distance it was ridden. It definatly has more torque than an RZ. 1st gear wheelies were just a matter of rolling on the throttle no waiting for it to come on the pipe like an RZ and I have a BJ motor in mine with 28mm carbs. I guess I would descibe it as riding a modern bike that has a twostroke motor if that makes any sense.

Bimota's description of the bike:
After proving in the Trophy challenge the reliability of the modified injection engine, Bimota introduced the "Evoluzione". The difficult to set up fuel injection system was replaced for the very reliable Dell'Orto carburetors. Also the engine was modified in several parts: new pistons, cylinders, crank, new management system...and new look. Bimota produced 120 of those bikes.