Weekend Bike

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

cb4265

Weekend Bike

#1 Post by cb4265 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:58 pm

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1161686/

How do I get the photo to show automatically? What am I not doing?

Craig

smurph
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by smurph » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:21 pm

Craig,

You need to put the entire link in a img tag. Got to the image like you normally would. When the picture is displayed, right click on it. A menu will come up with a bunch of options. One option will be like "Copy Image Location" or "Save Image Location" depending on what web browser you are using. What this does is copy the picture's entire URL into the clipboard. Then you go to your post and use the img tag and past the URL from the clipboard.

Code: Select all

[img]http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C01%5C26%5Cbikepics-1161686-800.jpg[/img]
The above will produce this:

Quite a nice looking ride you have there!!!
Fuel Injected RZ350

cb4265

#3 Post by cb4265 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 am

Thanks Smurph,

It is like many others out there 'a work in progress', they can never be finished, there will always be something to replace, clean or tinker with, and is probably a part of the fun of owning one of these machines.

I got the photo to work but I deleted it because it was 'f'ing huge, how do you resize them?

Kind regards

Craig

Kent

#4 Post by Kent » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 am

Craig,

I have a question for you. The belly pan on your RZ seems to be missing a blue stripe between red blocks and rz500 sticker. My bike is a very early production Australian version with the same sticker set up as yours but every one in USA/Canada had the extra blue stripe. Can you tell me if this was only on the Australian version or has yours been repainted incorrectly? Just trying to learn more about the uniqueness and differences between models. By the way I love the pipes on your bike. Who made those?

Kent
Get on,Shut up and Hold on Tight!!!

cb4265

#5 Post by cb4265 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:49 am

http://www.reproductiondecals.com/defau ... .html~main

Hi Kent

Well spotted, the decals are incorrect and this is due to the previous owner applying them.
The correct decals are available from the link above.
Apparently there was another decal supplier who sold the decals but did not include the belly pan stripes or the white Yamaha logo that goes over the headlight.
Smurph might chime in here as he had the same problem and told me about it.

Pipes are Jim Lomas mild steel with SS cans and they are fantastic, weld quality is the best I have ever seen, they fit perfectly, sound great and save approx 15kg.
They are however a little rusty at the moment, I had intended to paint them black so the bike retained a stock look to the uneducated but I just couldn't bring myself to cover the fantastic craftsmenship seen in the welding.
They polish up nicely with a light rub of scotchbrite so no big deal at the moment.I chose mild steel over the stainless because of it's better heat transfer, cost and I intended to paint them black.

Cheers

Craig

smurph
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by smurph » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 am

Yeah, the "complete" decal kit was not so complete. :sad:

No stripe for the belly as Craig mentioned, as well as a few others. reproductiondecals.com is the place to go if you really want a complete decal kit. The incomplete kit cost $100.00. The reproductiondecals.com kit was ~$150.00. You get what you pay for. Litterally, in this case, because less money meant less decals!

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

Froth

#7 Post by Froth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Like I alluded to in my post about my 'Dulux Overhaul' if the white and red aren't applied in exactly the right place then you won't get the blue stripes to fit properly - I had to paint all mine on with the consequence that I now have a (nearly) complete spare set of blue stripes!