New guy saying hello

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

Brother Jake

New guy saying hello

#1 Post by Brother Jake » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:13 am

Hi guys ! Great forum....I've learned so much already in the few days I've been lurking about that it's unbelievable !

I bought my RZ about 5 years ago. Kinda went for it without thinking.....I had always wanted one, and when one popped up on Auto Trader I cashed in some retirement money and went for it.

Anyway.....had some fun ( and some scares, as well as a few threats ! ) on it before I toasted the poor girl. It sounds like I spun a bearing on the crank. She can run, but not for long.

Fast forward about a year.....I came home half cooked from hockey, and decided " now would be a good time to start the tear down ".

Fast forward a few more years, and hear we are ! Half the bike is in a few boxes in the basement ( we moved ) and the chassis and engine are out it the garage. I plan on clearing out a spot in the basement for a clean area, and building a workbench whos sole purpose will be for this rebuild.

It started a few weeks back. I almost bit the bullet and splurged on a new R1. Then the lovely wife said " why don't you fix the bike you already have ? " So I'm taking that ball and running !

I'm currently riding a KTM 200, mostly in the dirt. She's plated ( so I can race Enduros and Hare Scrambles ) but otherwise makes a terrible street bike !

Looking forward to getting to know you guys, and learning something !

rztom
Site Admin

#2 Post by rztom » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:52 am

Hey Brother Jake - welcome to the group! :cool:

snimmisnai
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by snimmisnai » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome Jake, nice to see another off roader!

Ian
1997 CBR900RR
1991 NX650 Dominator
1987 CR250R
1985 CR500R