Superseded Parts

See if that special part you need is still available!

Moderators: rztom, jackson.40

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

Superseded Parts

#1 Post by rd84 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 am

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of superseded parts please ?

I've ordered a lot of engine spares but many of them are superseded parts and its hard to identify where some of them go - mainly similar looking bolts, and o' rings.

I'll try and make up a list of supeseded parts that I've encountered when I've figured it all out.

Thanks

Regards
Paul

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Superseded Parts

#2 Post by rd84 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi,

I've just realised that if I view all I can do a page search and find the superseded part number which I can then use to identify the original part number.

However a search of the superseded part number from the opening page produces no result.

Doesn't sound much but when you're figuring out where some non-descript bolt or o-ring goes it's very handy.

A big thanks to Steve and everyone involved in producing this look up list !!

Cheers
Paul

hybrid
Site Admin

#3 Post by hybrid » Sun May 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi Paul,
are you saying that something on the parts page doesn't work as you would like it to?

Are you saying you would like to be able to search by alternate part number as well as original part number?

Jeff

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by rd84 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 am

hybrid wrote:Hi Paul,
are you saying that something on the parts page doesn't work as you would like it to?

Are you saying you would like to be able to search by alternate part number as well as original part number?

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Yes that's correct. Imagine I'm a complete amateur mechanic (I am ! :grin: ) - I've just received a big bag of bits from Yamaha and many look the same or very similar - , nuts, bolts, o-rings, circlips etc - I want to know where they fit so I want to go to the last pages of the parts manual to find what page numbers the part appears on - I then note the page number on the part label - I can then order the parts according to page number and as I work around the various engine assemblies I can pick up the appropriate pile of parts and fit them. The problem is if the superseded part doesn't show in the parts list I then don't know where it should go - unless it's something really obvious of course. If I can go to your parts list with the superseded number and find out the original number I can write this on the parts label and proceed as above.

So it would be nice to search by the superseded number to find the original number. Of course what would be even nicer is if each part in the list had the parts page number as well - but this is asking too much ! :smile:

The above problem is only true for a really large number of parts - in this case a complete engine re-build top to bottom. When only a few parts are ordered it wouldn't normally be a problem because you generally know what the bits look like and where they go.

A bit of a long explanation - but hopefully it makes some sense ! :smile:

Cheers
Paul

hybrid
Site Admin

#5 Post by hybrid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:15 am

I can have the part number searched by regular and alternate part numbers no problem.
Small amount of code change when I get a chance.

Sent from my Kogan Agora using Tapatalk HD

hybrid
Site Admin

#6 Post by hybrid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:33 am

Ok, searching by part number will now search 3 fields:

part number
alt part number
comments

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by rd84 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 am

That's fantastic - many thanks - this is an incredibly useful tool !!

Cheers
Paul