500cc GP-Replica Tech Forums

Search  FAQ  Register Login
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MCN 60 Years of Suzuki
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:04 pm 
- - - - -
- - - - -

Excellent article in April 11th issue of MCN about 60 years of Suzuki. Especially the full blooded 1998 GP RGV500 vs 2012 GSX-R1000. Interesting read.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... -april-11/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:33 pm 

hi, if this "comparison" was written by a guy called michael neeves (a guy who admitted he couldnt ride a privateer harris yamaha but still gave the bike a poor rating ) then i could bet my house the "winner" will be the placid, ugly gsxr.

you have to watch him, he was one of the guys who promoted the death of the 2 stroke and now he runs about on bikes the guy on the street who is the real 2 stroke enthusiast could only dream of.

an example guys, he tested a fantastic made to measure sheene replica a few years back and he ended it with a smile and said these words "hardly a gixxser though"

you can maybe see why i dont buy their paper with their token 2 stroke article they produce :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 pm 
- - - - -
- - - - -

khrd wrote:
hi, if this "comparison" was written by a guy called michael neeves (a guy who admitted he couldnt ride a privateer harris yamaha but still gave the bike a poor rating ) then i could bet my house the "winner" will be the placid, ugly gsxr.

you have to watch him, he was one of the guys who promoted the death of the 2 stroke and now he runs about on bikes the guy on the street who is the real 2 stroke enthusiast could only dream of.

an example guys, he tested a fantastic made to measure sheene replica a few years back and he ended it with a smile and said these words "hardly a gixxser though"

you can maybe see why i dont buy their paper with their token 2 stroke article they produce :mad:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: