ADE SYM RGV 500 PROJECT

Sub forum for RG400/RG500 owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

Ade SYM

ADE SYM RGV 500 PROJECT

#1 Post by Ade SYM » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 am

Thought i would post some pictures of my New Project to start early next year or sooner if possible. Really lucky to get this from a friend - Been badgering him for ages to part with it.

It has some good parts on it - Ohlins rear shock - Mark Dent tunned engine - Really Big Flatside carbs - Billet clutch cover etc.

You can get the full details from the link below:

http://www.suzuki-rg500.com/rgv500.htm

Will update more once the RD is painted and working as it should!

Thanks Ade

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by Ronnie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 am

WOW! Ade that looks amazing. You're going to be a busy man! You'll have to get your young lad trained with the spanners to help! :grin:

Ade SYM

#3 Post by Ade SYM » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Ronnie,

Think i could be busy!!

Unsure whether to re-wire it and track it or put bits on it i have managed to scrape together over the past couple of months:

Ohlins radial front forks
Monobloc calipers
Dymag 3 spoke mag wheels
R6 Swingarm

I think i might go down the Tyga Front and Back fairings route if i go with the above.

Can sell the complete RG front and back end / Wheels etc to pay for the Tyga fairings

Re-wire and ride would seem practical but i think i will only kick myself in the future if i did not do it...

Hows the leg / fairings coming on?

Thanks Ade

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by Ronnie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Ade,

The front end on it is tremendous. Ohlins......very nice.

Who made the pipes?

Haven't really touched the fairings since i brought them home. Seat unit fits perfect as is! Just got to make a few brackets. I'll check your photos when you get a chance to take them. Do you think you still have the diagram for the front fairing mount?

The leg is getting stronger every day. Doesn't hurt at all now but days like donington are tough. I'll not regain full use due to the previous damage but i'll keep working at it.

Ade SYM

#5 Post by Ade SYM » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Ronnie

Got the template still so send me your address and i will post out

Mark Dent made the exhausts to match the tunned engine - He also did the frame conversion but i think the bike needs a cradle to support the power output as in the past they have cracked the top supporting brackets! So i think i will strip it down and put all the nicer parts on it.

Ade

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by Dubsey » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Sooo jealous............
Mediocrity is a sin !

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by Ronnie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 am

Just been reading Mark Dent's Exhaust Development page on the link in your post. Brilliant stuff. He's a clever man. It must've taken ages to do all the measurements for the Engine Parameter and Expansion Parameter but it clearly paid off. Wonder if he's ever done RD pipes!

this old rz

#8 Post by this old rz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 pm

"BACK IN BLACK"! That thing looks like your harboring some bad intentions, Theres Mega potential there. Mark Dent from what Ive read builds the badest,meanest RGs around,used to do the dyno shhotouts and beat much larger machines. From what I read about his exhaust pipes,documented in a UK mag,they are astounding performers gaining a BIG/ FAT advantage over another widley known pipe used my many in the distant past. Guy does his homewok as stated by another.
Motorcycles & Cars Where even a brain dead monkey can build something as equally cool as a millionare, gotta love it

Andrew
- - - - -
- - - - -

#9 Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Ade
Your Gamma looks fantastic. Well done.
The pipes look factory made, I love the unpainted look. Lets you see all the tasty workmanship :prayer: And he's tucked them all in nicely, so body work and ground clearance should be no problem.
Andy (UK)
RZV500R
FRC
Faster Faster !!!

Ade SYM

#10 Post by Ade SYM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 am

Andy,

You love your naked bikes don,t you?

Post a pic of your 500 to give me some inspiration?

Loads of ideas spiining around my head but its a good basis to make a nice bike

Thanks Ade

Ade SYM

Re: ADE SYM RGV 500 PROJECT

#11 Post by Ade SYM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:47 am

Thought it about time i posted a few pictures of the project so far of my XR89 Recreation.

As you can see i have changed the frame some what from how it used to look and have made it completly different to the VJ22 as it was - Cradle adapted to secure the engine - Reworked Yamaha R6 swingarm - Reworked Mark Dent Exhausts - Modified front & rear subframe - Rear mounted oil box - Ohlins steering damaper etc....

Engine is Mark Dent built 570 conversion with 31.5mm carbs - Nova gearbox - Billet covers

It has a set of Moto GP Magnesium yokes

Ohlins front and rear suspension

Brembo master Cylinder from Moto GP bike - Dymag Carbon Fibre Wheels - Billet rear sprocket carrier - Underslung bremo rear caliper - Gilles adjusters

Brembo SBK front and rear Discs - Brembo monobloc calipers

Just about to start to get the wiring storted which will incorporate quick shifter - Zeeltronic CDI and controller - Translogic dash - Have the switch controlls for 2/3 maps and lap timer

I was lucky enough to get a copy of an original set of XR89 fairings - These have been fitted and they look pretty good.

I will post further details of the fairings and tank once they are finished but there is a twist on the tank...

There has been further progress on the bike with the chain and sprockets being fitted - Cables for the throttle and carbs made and fitted - Choke cables installed. I will get a few further pictures once the fairings are back on the bike.

Thanks Ade

Kalim

Re: Re : ADE SYM RGV 500 PROJECT

#12 Post by Kalim » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Wow, it looks really nice!

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#13 Post by rd84 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:11 am

Fantastic bike !!

Cheers
Paul

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#14 Post by Ronnie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 am

WOW.... words fail me. Outstanding.

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#15 Post by Vin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Love it Ade :smt023

Are your plans for the rest of the bike what we talked about at the show?