Dumbass!

News on forum updates, enhancements and/or special announcements

Moderator: rztom

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

Dumbass!

#1 Post by Ronnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:56 am

Sometimes in life things happen when you're doing the most innocous things.

On saturday I was looking forward to going out that evening to see a live band and consume a quantity of beers. I'm currently having a new bathroom fitted so the bathroom is a bit of a building site but at the time partly functional. As an example, the old bath is still in place but without it's side panel on, ready to be removed. It was still however, usable as a bath for another day or so. This is where it all went wrong.

After filling the bath, making sure I had the essentials like soap, sponge, plastic duck, toy boat etc, I stepped in. After planting my left foot in the bath I went to put my right foot in. Unfortunately, the tread on the sole of my left foot must have been worn and the grip was lost. As my said left foot shot along the bath at an alarming rate, my right leg shot under the panelless bath, jammed and snapped. But it was worse.

I had a compound fracture of my right tibia and fibula and dislocated the ankle joint. So I'm rolling around the bathroom floor bollock naked with my foot at 90 degrees to my leg and chunks of bone sticking out through the skin. This is not good. I let out a little scream and maybe some gas. The wife downstairs heard the crash and the scream and came running upstairs. But the bathroom door was locked to stop the kids coming in so I had to shuffle over the floor with my rather strange looking foot to unlock it it. Her first reaction upon seeing it? "OMG, where's my phone, I must take a picture for facebook" WTF!!!!!!!! :smt021 "CALL A F***ING AMBULANCE!"

Anyway, the upshot is I've had a titanium plate fitted and several screws. I'm out of action for up to 8 weeks as due to the severity of the breaks I can't weightbare on the leg at all so I've been given a damn wheelchair!!!

My so called friends take great pleasure in calling me Ironside, Stephen Hawking or even TIMMY! from south park. So now I'm thinking, could I shoehorn my 500 engine in it? Stick some jolly moto's on and special one off body kit!!! May have to uprate the brakes.

Seriously though, it hurts like hell. And no, I'm not posting the pic up of me rolling about the bathroom floor with my balls hanging out and a snapped leg. It's not a good sight. :grin:

Be careful what you do everyday guys, complacency can bite you on the ass anytime.

adr1an
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by adr1an » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:25 am

Jeez Ronnie,
Had you not made this public, you could have spun a yarn down on the forum (pub) regarding some high speed heroic biking exploit. Still, at least you get some trick titanium though not where you'd really like it!!
Take care mate, at least you don't ride a Suzuki, now that would be too embarrassing :grin: :grin: :grin:

barrysheeneisgod

#3 Post by barrysheeneisgod » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:13 am

Blimey ronnie thats a bummer
speedy recovery fella.
aprilia rs250
rd250e
rd350ypvs
rd350lc
tzr3xv
tzr125
ktm200exc
rd500 engine

jackson.40

#4 Post by jackson.40 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 am

OMG Ronnie :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I hope the pain eases soon,the wife would like some photos please

:shock: :shock: :grin:

Steve

mollydee

#5 Post by mollydee » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 pm

That really stinks mate. wish you all the best with the healing

molly
"sticks and stones may break my bones, but words I just delete them"

350LC 1983 really long gone
350LC YPVS 1984 gone
1986 RD500LC project nothing to see here!

salty

#6 Post by salty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 pm

can i have your titanium bolts for my bike when your done with them :smile: get well soon mate

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by Ronnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. Life's a bitch sometimes. At least now I'm finding out how many dvd's you can watch in one day! :grin:

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by Dubsey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Holy cow Ronnie ! :shock:

Will all this titanium make you quicker ? :grin:
Mediocrity is a sin !

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#9 Post by Ronnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:22 pm

With any luck it'll make me lighter!

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#10 Post by Vin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Blimey mate I wish you a speedy recovery :shock:

I did have a little chuckle though regarding her in doors wanting the camera :grin:

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#11 Post by Ronnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:36 pm

So do i now but at the time I couldn't believe!To be honest, the most shocking thing was that it took 1 hour 6 mins for the ambulance to get here. It wasn't life threatening so not an emergency! Never mind needing pain relief! I'll just lie on the floor trembling with shock with my lower leg completely snapped in half and the bones sticking out! Unreal.

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#12 Post by Vin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 pm

I hope you make her pay for her Insubordination :smt075

but be careful as you have nowhere to hide :razz:

aaronmvrider

#13 Post by aaronmvrider » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:40 pm

i bet the wife said..... i told you to hurry up with that bathroom renovation...

best wishes.... broken bones are not funny... they shock the body...and brain

"a little scream and some gas"...... had a little chuckle on that line...
my rides
rz 500 1984
2 x rz 350 1984
mv agusta f4 1000 2004

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#14 Post by Ronnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:58 pm

I only came from the hospital last night and within 30 minutes she turned and said, "I suppose the bathroom's on hold for 2 months now is it?" WTF! :shock:

RZColinPaul
- - - - -
- - - - -

Some thing to think about

#15 Post by RZColinPaul » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:53 pm

I know a guy in northern Ontario Canada that was hurt with brocken bones times three below the knee. He very shortly after rigged up a little chair with wheels and spent a lot of time recovering in the garage getting all of his projects done. {he said that it was the best quality garage time he ever had}. The chair had a special place for his beer that quickly converted into a tool chest.{Hint Hint}, it even held ice. You can influence the wife that it is very very theraputic and required for your recovery. Get well soon.!!! For your rehab biking is best If it is your left foot the up and down movement would be required reff. your recovery. The same with the other foot or who needs the rear brake anyway. Ha Ha
Last edited by RZColinPaul on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colinpaul@rogers.com
RZ350 race bike
RZ500 stock
RZ500, TSI spec factory tune stage two,ported polished,JL pipes,28m Mikuni carbs,EB brakes, R6r front end, R6r swing arm, YZR fairing, V Force reeds, Olhin shock, Wasp Performance