Spec 2 Chambers

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

vdrive

Re: Spec 2 Chambers

#46 Post by vdrive » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:28 pm

looks like spec 2 chambers stick out same amount as toomeys expansion chambers .

vdrive

#47 Post by vdrive » Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 am

can anyone confirm Spec - 2 stick out of tail section just as much as toomeys expansion chambers ?

Questo vecchio rz

#48 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun May 29, 2016 6:50 pm

vdrive wrote:can anyone confirm Spec - 2 stick out of tail section just as much as toomeys expansion chambers ?
YES, they are extended out about the same, for reasons mentioned above. (See pics) I can attest that he Toomeys are GREAT performers, and the owner of the Spec2 pipes has stated his show large performance improvements in the middrange as well. The Toomey silencers show off better.
racing
racing
TOP PHOTO IS SPEC 2 , LOWER IS TOOMEYS.
Image Image
Last edited by Questo vecchio rz on Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Banshee (Baja) Full Tilt desert race bike
Royal Enfield 500
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura TT-F1 Lucky Strike rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ421/YZR track bike(project)
86 VFR750 Flying Fred Merkel replica (project)

vdrive

#49 Post by vdrive » Sun May 29, 2016 11:30 pm

thanks for the information , much needed as now I must buy a set of spec-2 expansion chambers . many thanks have a great weekend . boy the polished end cans on the Toomeys really are awesome .

vdrive

#50 Post by vdrive » Mon May 30, 2016 7:09 am

Hi Questo vecchio rz how long ago did you get the Toomeys ( only 50 sets made ) expansion chambers ? by the time I got my first RZ500 , the Toomeys were sold out ......... kind regards from Andrew

Questo vecchio rz

#51 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

It was years ago, I had the Toomeys on a RZV I bought with them already installed. Another friend I knew had a RZV. His bike was geared down 1 on the front sprocket & my bike still out accelerated faster than his , by about 5-8 bike lengths. Thats how I know how much better they performed.

The Spec 2s will look pretty dammned nice if you polish the cans. His Silencers dont look much diffrent than most.
I just like Toomeys "sound" as they provide a crisp sound thats not duplicated by any other pipe makers. All pipes sound pretty good though. ( Im just picky to the desired sound)
Now, all you have to do is try and talk Gary into making you a set of pipes...lol. Thats a 50/50 chance depending upon his mood, might try and ask the original poster "eyeamok" if he can provide any assistance for you. Gary is actually quite a nice man, and always has taken time w me. They should make one hell of an improvement..right where most of the fun happens, especially on a road bike.
Royal Enfield 500
85 custom Tri-Z

vdrive

#52 Post by vdrive » Tue May 31, 2016 5:54 am

Hi Questo vecchio rz , many thanks again for the much needed information . yes gonna call gary at the right moment and order a set , I will pay up front and tell him no hurry , make them when you can , have waited years to get original pistons for my RG400 gamma , was wondering if Gary ever made expansion chambers for 400/500 gamma . once again many thanks your RZ500 looks like brand new , super nice and most of all you have Toomey expansion chambers , ( my favorite too ) . have a great one kind regards Andrew

Questo vecchio rz

#53 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Tue May 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Your welcome V drive. Hope you enjoy your exhausts, they should rip on the street! Theres really not too much that can be done to the RZ motor to acheive big h.p. gains, so pipes Imo are your primary option. You really have to do alot of modifications to get into the mid 90s ( reliably). The photos in my post are actually other members machines, I sold my Toomey equipped bike many years ago, but the results are still the same. Ive recently aquired enough parts to strart a new RZ hybrid project. If you have a Gamma, there are still alot of choices out there for pipes, although Im not familiar with the 400cc version performance gains w pipes. Most 400s Ive viewed have been converted to 500s.
Anyways good luck and post updates as you go, These bikes are rapidly increasing in value and nice to see them being cared for.
Royal Enfield 500
85 custom Tri-Z

vdrive

#54 Post by vdrive » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:18 am

Hi again Questo vecchio rz , yes post up progress on your RZ hybrid project , I always like to see the custom one of a kind 2-stroke motorcycles . have a great one kind regards Andrew