REDEX,,,,PROBLEMS

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

rdoldtimer

REDEX,,,,PROBLEMS

#1 Post by rdoldtimer » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:00 am

hi there just a very urgent question has any body used red ex fuel product WITH THE HOPE OF CLEANING CARBS OUT AN HAD MORE PROBLEMS THAN STARTED WITH ............

podman

Re: REDEX,,,,PROBLEMS

#2 Post by podman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Never heard of anyone using redex in anything other than a car...and then had problems!

I can imagine it would break down 2 stroke oil very nicely, whats happened mate?

smurf 1

#3 Post by smurf 1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:32 pm

I have the bike in my place at the moment, he was lucky he didn't run it long so I sonic cleaned the carbs flushed out the tank & lines it is running fine now :smt003 , I was worried about the cranks seals :???: :???: :???: but they are fine. Like has been said only heard bad things about fuel / carb cleaners that go in the tank they are Not good for 4 strokes never mind 2 strokes, it is harder to strip & clean the carbs but at least you are not putting in some liquid that might trash the motor :smt018 :smt018
RD500 47 X 1985
DUCATI S2R 2005
AJS 650 DL 1959
http://www.motorbike-restoration.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alan

podman

#4 Post by podman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:59 pm

smurf 1 wrote:I have the bike in my place at the moment, he was lucky he didn't run it long so I sonic cleaned the carbs flushed out the tank & lines it is running fine now :smt003 , I was worried about the cranks seals :???: :???: :???: but they are fine. Like has been said only heard bad things about fuel / carb cleaners that go in the tank they are Not good for 4 strokes never mind 2 strokes, it is harder to strip & clean the carbs but at least you are not putting in some liquid that might trash the motor :smt018 :smt018
Lovely job...We spoke last week about my carbs Alan, im just waiting for my friend to sort out the transportation side of things and ill be in touch, hopefully end of the week..cheers.