COTA, what an organization

Ride planning, upcoming events, or just tire-kicking get-togethers - post 'em here!

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

COTA, what an organization

#1 Post by pstamper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Well track day is back on, at least for now. They gave the go ahead to 4 groups that put all the money up front. There was something in the Austin Statesman about the incident and I think the state funding might of brought the money grubbers to their senses. The track, owners, and track day vendors just want a safe event and so do I.

Gary Papesh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by Gary Papesh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 pm

I had the same problem with Chicagoland Speedway.
The year it opened, they did the same thing with seat licensing, only you had to buy a season pass.
Most NASCAR fans could care less about Indy cars, and vice versa. The point is, when a new track opens up, the owners will do ANYTHING they can to recoup their investment, and to hell with the little guys.
They made more money on concessions at the US GP in a day, than they would get from doing track days, so why bother. :smt013
The man who dies with the biggest carbon footprint WINS !!!

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm

I hope we hear the real story. I think this year will be the only one for independent groups to run a track day. Hope all goes smooth up to the event but they might be real jerks when it comes to use of the track and facilities. They might not let guest in, not provide electricity, run the short track instead of full course, who knows. With the RZ the shorter track would be fine by me but it will bunch the riders closer together. The two straights would allow more spacing.