Circuit Of The Americas track day 2015

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Circuit Of The Americas track day 2015

#1 Post by pstamper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Finally back at COTA after crash in March. Only one off with the instructor filming and broke my cell phone accidentally so only a few pictures from Friday night. Video and pictures will be uploaded soon. Rode level 1 on Saturday and went to L2 on Sunday. Level 2 is what I remembered from 4 years ago. Just a mess with all the different riding levels and egos. Around 5 red flags for entire group on the weekend. Owner of the school went off on our L2 group after first session due to bad riding. I was happy I always set first session out. Ashamed to have a few idiots get the entire school to loose such a world class facility. The bike did great and I chased tire pressures for a few days to get tire temperatures up. A few less PSI and I should be good in September. Off warmers 28 rear and 29 on front. Had temperatures of 145 to 150 on rear and 136 or so on front. Looks like a little cold tearing on the front. Need about 160 degrees or so. I was not pushing as hard as the bike could go. The new EBC brakes were not so good. Had vibration under hard braking. When I would first set the brakes for corner would be fine, at 90% vibration, and then under trail braking would go away. EBC said possibly warped rotors, take pictures and they will warrant them out. Here are the tires after last session on Sunday before the rain came in.

Rear

Front

Rick Lance

Re: Circuit Of The Americas track day 2015

#2 Post by Rick Lance » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Paul, those rotors need time to bed in with the new pads. I have had bikes that took a while to calm down. Don't give up on them yet.
If I disagree with everyone, that doesn't make me right. If I take the side of only one, it doesn't end the fight. If my position's strong enough from exposure to the light, you may see things my way when we share the same highway.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:12 am

I gave them 200 miles on the road and 10 track sessions which was probably 180 miles or so. EBC said possibly warped. When I get the video posted you will see the vibration. Your engine performed flawless and started first kick in the mornings and before each session. I think I have gotten even better on the shifts. Still have a few spots I need to let the bike just run. Engine started getting warm on last session and oil injection lite came on for the first time ever. It was near 95 degrees at the track with 70% humidity. Lost about 5 lbs. Good weekend though

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by pstamper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 pm

Video up finally and picture soon. Hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK03rupDe-E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;