R6 fork service track bike

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

R6 fork service track bike

#1 Post by pstamper » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Bought a spring compressor from Race Tech and easy as could be. I was surprised how dirty the oil was with less than a season of track days. New dust and oil seals, 90 pound springs, and 5 weight oil. Oil level set at 115 MM. Will be interesting ride from the 80 pound springs. Hope to get a little seat time before March. have been waiting on miscellaneous parts for 2 weeks.

Kalim

Re: R6 fork service track bike

#2 Post by Kalim » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:13 am

Well done :smt023 .
Is it Loctite on the top end threaded cap ? I haven't done a lot of upsd forks, but I don't remember it has to be Loctited ?

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: R6 fork service track bike

#3 Post by pstamper » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:47 am

High temp bearing grease at top. Used on the compression adjuster also. The nut on the damper rod I put a drop of Loctite. My spacer was not the right length so I added a piece of schedule 80 pvc. The new spring was shorter than the 80Lb spring. Did not like the two pieces hitting each other so I put one of the washers that Race Tech sent with the new springs. Probably not needed but a few people said yes. I went ahead and ordered the OEM spacer and will cut it to length when it is apart next time.