Scitsu Rev Counter.

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

Blackshaheen

Scitsu Rev Counter.

#1 Post by Blackshaheen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:22 am

Hi.
Very long shot but...
If anyone is running a Scitsu Rev counter on their bike I would love to hear your thoughts on this particular bit of kit.

Thanks!

Dave.

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by Dubsey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Used one of these years ago when I raced sidecars
Really nice bit of kit
If i remember corectly , they are charged before use, and you remove the dummy plug in use to turn it on, may be different now ?
Mediocrity is a sin !

Blackshaheen

#3 Post by Blackshaheen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:30 pm

No mate, you're dead right. They are self-powered and have the removable dummy plug to bring them to life. However they now also provide units to run from a battery like a standard tacho and a few other variations besides...
It's enough to hear that you rated them, I'll investigate further. cheers!
Dave.

P.S. Always wanted to have a crack at sidecars, did you use to drive or passenger???

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by Dubsey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:58 pm

They are a nice piece of kit, yet again if memory serves me, they have three little rubber straps, that act as shock absorbers so so cool, I would use one , but not the look I was after , but who knows next buld maybe :grin:

I drove and passengered not that succesful as a driver, but a much better passenger and so so so much fun, would do it now if funds allowed :grin:

Number 141 (next to 82) is me driving brother in law in chair (first and last time as passenger), the previous race on the same day, I rolled at the gooseneck at cadwell park, passenger got it wrong, hence the front of the fairing missing ,by the way this was 1987 :grin:
Mediocrity is a sin !

RC45
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by RC45 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Very interesting. Very traditional look about it. Just what I always feel a racing tach should look like, I guess when I was growing up then all I was seeign was the traditional racing tach.

Blackshaheen

#6 Post by Blackshaheen » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 am

How awesome do those side-cars look??? Brilliant. One day I'll have a crack at passengering I hope...I really do.

The Scitsu is a good looking bit of kit and they do one for 4 cylinder 2 strokes that marks revs to 14 or 16 thousand (as you prefer). There's no back light to them so if you want one for the road then you would have to modify it a little to read it at night. It's very much the look I'm going for with my naked/cafe style build.
My girlfriend says I'm just analogue and haven't caught up with the digital world yet...she may be right...I like carbs and I'm allergic to fuel-injection too :shock:

Cheers guys!

D.

Blackshaheen

#7 Post by Blackshaheen » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I can't let it go Dubsey. I have to know more about the side-cars... I'll open a thread in Yammerhowling and you...or anyone...can answer my questions. CheersDave.