General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

bobbyd

#1 Post by bobbyd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:16 am

Last edited by bobbyd on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

rklages
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by rklages » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Sorry I don't have much of what you are asking for, I tried one years back and then changed direction and went with the stock instruments except the speedo which I went digital with a pickup on the rear wheel.

The only issue I had with it was getting it to pick up the RPM reliably (it was an older model granted), but wiring it off the coil, the signal was not strong enough to pickup at lower RPM's. The other issue was that it is a 2 stroke (so fires twice as often and the RZ fires the coils twice as often as the coil fires 2 cylinders, one on compression and one on exhaust.)

I did find a setting to get the RPM's to read correctly, but didn't have time to sort out the low RPM signal pickup issues.

Good luck with it!

Jeff B

#3 Post by Jeff B » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:01 pm

I have the vapor as well. With good results. I don't remeber much about the wiring though. I know that I have it connected to the lower coil wire. I think the orange one. It can be programmed for 2 pulses per revolution. You definately want it connected to your bikes power. This powers the backlit function. Also the battery in the unit doesn't last forever. It usually works with the units battery dead, but not as good.