Fuses. Or what !!!!!!

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

rdoldtimer

Fuses. Or what !!!!!!

#1 Post by rdoldtimer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi fellow rd owners where ever you are. Have to say its been a while.. Here goes yesterday me an my mates went to donington park. Great dlay on the way back we had a stop an I was putting my bike in neutral gear but I noticed that the green light was not showing!!!! ... We finished an made our way home an at some point I noticed my rev counter also was not working either .!!!! When I got home I checked an I've got no indicators either my bikes an rd 500 if you were wondering .. the works manual shows two lots of fuses one some wher in the head lamp area . And the main fuse near the batterY. Or has any one got any I'd,eas .............. Rdoldtimer....

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by rd84 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:25 am

Hi,

That usually happens on my bike when the battery is completely flat.

Try the bike out again - does the YPVS cycle when you switch the ignition on ?

Cheers
Paul

rklages
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by rklages » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 am

Flat battery sounds like it could be the issue, but check all the fuses also - there is one in the wiring near the battery that is a 30 amp barrel fuse, could be that one if nothing at all works. The rest (3 of them) are on the right side of the fairing support under a plastic cover that is held in place with one screw. There are 3 fuses to check there and that is all of them (love how simple things used to be!)