Zeeltronic and R-plugs

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

chris

Zeeltronic and R-plugs

#1 Post by chris » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:31 am

Why havent anyone told me that the plugs need to be resistor type?? I have had som weird electric issues from time to time but was quite certain it was my homemade wiring loom that had some intermittent wires.

Asked borut and he said i had to use R plugs!! Fired it up and it sounded like a different bike!! Oh Yes!!
It probably did weird stuff with the cdi as well.
The reason i asked Borut in the first place was that after a ride where the ypvs stop functioning i had to readjust everything and reset the max open/ closed posisiton.

He said that you NEED resistor plugs!! he he!!

Christer :grin: :grin:

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by pstamper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 am

I was told by someone on the sight that the Zeeltronic unit gave him the biggest performance gain over anything else he had done. Your opinion please. Thanks, paul

chris

#3 Post by chris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:50 am

I should have known something about that but i changed so many things at once so im not sure.
I need to dyno it to see what it makes in difference from the 1ge ignition maps.

I have had intermittent problems with the bike so did not want to take it to a dyno guy and waist his time.. But it looks better now so i might try!!

Christer

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by pstamper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 pm

The guy I spoke to was in California and said taht was his best piece of performance.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:01 pm

The guy I spoke to was in California and said that was his best piece of performance.

hybrid
Site Admin

#6 Post by hybrid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Zeeltronic made a huge difference on my 350LC.

I did a lot of other work to my 500 at the same time as fitting the zeeltronic, so I don't know how much of my difference is due to that.

chris

#7 Post by chris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:25 am

hybrid wrote:Zeeltronic made a huge difference on my 350LC.

I did a lot of other work to my 500 at the same time as fitting the zeeltronic, so I don't know how much of my difference is due to that.
What has been done to your bike Hybrid? Is it ported? Can i ask what kind of settings you got on pv and ignition?

I have 3 quite different curves i want to try. Im going on a trackday tomorrow so im gonna try in different passes.

Christer