Zeeltronic or brand new CDI

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

RZColinPaul
- - - - -
- - - - -

Zeeltronic or brand new CDI

#1 Post by RZColinPaul » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I have got the TSI build done to my garage build almost complete. Money is slowing things down for me. I have been told that with the TSI build complete done right with TSI crossover pipes, 28 Mikuni's, will not require a different CDI. Stock will be enough. What do you guys think.
I was going to purchase zeeltronic.
I DO HAVE A BRAND NEW OEM CDI.
colinpaul@rogers.com
RZ350 race bike
RZ500 stock
RZ500, TSI spec factory tune stage two,ported polished,JL pipes,28m Mikuni carbs,EB brakes, R6r front end, R6r swing arm, YZR fairing, V Force reeds, Olhin shock, Wasp Performance

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by wolfgangh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:18 pm

I would sell your brand new OEM CDI and go with Zeeltronics. I assume you have done the stator plate modification to advance ignition by 4°?

You will get more for your OEM CDI than the Zeeltronics costs, and you have full flexibility plus options for shiftlight, rev limiter, switching between 2 ignition curves on the fly, etc.
But you cant start without or with low battery...

hybrid
Site Admin

#3 Post by hybrid » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I agree with wolfgangh.

If you're not building a concourse bike, the zeeltronic is a no brainer in my opinion.

RZColinPaul
- - - - -
- - - - -

Going to get the Zeeltronic goodies

#4 Post by RZColinPaul » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:22 am

Glad I didn't sell the new CDI Just before my chain went my CDI decided to not work on my stock RZ500. The new CDI worked so well my chain stretched big time. Have to wait for a couple of weeks now to get the zeeltronic goodies. Thanks again for the great advice The front wheel comes up with just throtle nice !!! 1&2 gear only though.
colinpaul@rogers.com
RZ350 race bike
RZ500 stock
RZ500, TSI spec factory tune stage two,ported polished,JL pipes,28m Mikuni carbs,EB brakes, R6r front end, R6r swing arm, YZR fairing, V Force reeds, Olhin shock, Wasp Performance