Zeeltronic USB Contoller Help

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

Zeeltronic USB Contoller Help

#1 Post by Vin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Anyone using the usb pc controller set-up?

My question is flicking between maps on the map switch should I see something change on the software? I can do the power valve tests and the software recognises the unit but not much else? I have had the wiring checked and all is to diagram.

I have sent Borut a message but thought I would test the water here also?

jak167
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Zeeltronic USB Contoller Help

#2 Post by jak167 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 am

With my use of the Zeel you software will not change until you "read" the unit again.

The software should have two buttons, read and program in the upper right hand corner. When you "read" the software looks at the program currently sitting on the zeel and displays it for you. When you make changes to you ign mapping on the software and press the "program" button it writes those changes to the unit. You then press "read" again and it will check to make sure the changes were sent to your zeel. The software will not auto update.

If you go to the PV tab, you should see a PV test button at the bottom. It opens a new windows which allows you to open or close the PV. I find that if the PV is set correctly, it will cycle from open to close when you turn on the key (much easier test).

If your PV is not cycling when you turn on the key, my guess is the PV specs are not set right. You either have them to close together so nothing is turning, too large so valve wont turn, or the open and close reversed.

I'll check my PV this weekend and give you a my PV settings to see if they work for you.

John
Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain

Long Live Mickey!!

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Vin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks for your feedback John :smt023 I did learn eventually that the base settings with the software is always in the programme until you do the read function that then reads the stored info on your CDI :smt075

I had this reply from Borut;

Hi Vin,
Handheld programmer should start few seconds after connecting to CDI. Please check connector on CDI is ok...if there isn't sealing compound on the pins.
You need to enable map switch in the ZeelProg, to make it work. Use monitor function and there you can see which map is used...When using ZeelProg you need to read settings from CDI first, after you make any changes, you need to click on "Program" button.
Regards,
Borut

Sure enough after cleaning the pin that feeds info through to the programmers I have the monitoring information now and glad I didn't bin my handheld as that obviously works now too :cool:

It is amazing how much better you can align the power valves for open and closed positions with this kit, I set them originally by the book and thought I did a good job until I checked down the ports but with the versatility of this kit you can get them spot on :cool:

jak167
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by jak167 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Glad you got it working. I find the computer software works great. A little hard to understand on the handheld unless you use it a lot.

Please make sure you are talking with your engine tuner or a quite sure of your ign map settings. Too much advance will damage your motor. Brian Turfrey, who has been working on Mickey's bike, recommended staying with stock settings. In his experience, unless you have really modded your engine the stock ign mapping works great and you would only pick up a couple of HP here and there over stock at a much greater risk of burning holes in your pistons. Obviously, if you have bored, stroked, and increased compression, you then would most likely need a new map.

I had this happen with the RZ350. Ended up putting in too much advance and holed both pistons. Ugh. Lesson learn.

RE the PV settings, I found that the Zeel is great for tuning to match your pipes and powerband. I have the 350 coming on the YPVS a little earlier and more progressively than stock and it definitely helped. Haven't messed around with 500 yet, not running, yet. :smt002

John
Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain

Long Live Mickey!!