cdi

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

nzminis

Re: cdi

#16 Post by nzminis » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:48 pm

begbie wrote:Hey Nzminis, your right I did put the price of the cdi units up, on the advice of another forum member saying they were selling for around £200 on Ebay.
I did have a few people asking about them, but as my bike was away having some work done (cost a small fortune) I couldn't test them, now I know there all working perfectly.
Sorry you feel exasperated by 500 ownership, I feel your pain, everything I do or want to do to my bike is expensive.
Im not sure when you bought each one of your 3 RVZ 500's, but, Ill bet you wont sell them for what you paid, Why would you, you would want there current market value,
and the only way to find that value is by seeing what there currently being advertised/sold for.
Thing is It's all relative, the price of spares has increased inline with our bikes.
Went out for the first time this year on mine last weekend in the sunshine. There great bikes :-)
i thought your first price was at the high side but not out of control , then you changed it

the fact that one person is selling or not being able to see there stuff at a high price . then some one else see that and goes oo i can can get even more because mine is better . then it goes out of control from then on and you end up putting parts prices through the roof next thing you know every cdi will be 600 pounds

i had 4 Rzvs . sold one few months back . one is for sale now and one more in a few weeks

i got them for cheaper than anyone wants to know or you will cry if you have brought a 500 in the last few years . i got all my in the last year and a half

if i put one of my bikes for sale at a start price of $10,000 and it goes for $18,000 . thats it

but im not going to go sticking them on there for a $20,000 start price . and saying if you want one you have to pay this much

im not saying stick it on there for so cheap that you dont get any money

just like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RZV500R-RD500LC ... 5d498ecd57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what idiot would pay that much for that .. i have 3 of them in a box . but im not going to go and put them on there for $600 and try and sell them

ps i got a 1ge cdi from a guy on here . at a good price where they all should start from 86 pounds to my door !!!

theredbarron

#17 Post by theredbarron » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi nzminis, the way i see it is like this, when i first started buying bits and pieces for RD's about 10 years ago the parts were relatively cheap. Something would crop up and i'd buy it, put it in the workshop and forget about it, a guy came in the workshop one day and gave me a carrier bag with 5 CDI's and 1 YPVS controller, wanted nothing for them but did'nt want to throw them out. Over this time the prices have become crazy even stupid for some things, but look on the bright side, the people buying/selling the parts are getting older and the cult status of the bike will disappear along with the demand/price for the parts, as an example my 22 year old son who rides a cbr1000rr fireblade thinks the RD is hideous and wouldn't be seen dead on one.
If only there was more free time.

nzminis

#18 Post by nzminis » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:32 am

theredbarron wrote:Hi nzminis, the way i see it is like this, when i first started buying bits and pieces for RD's about 10 years ago the parts were relatively cheap. Something would crop up and i'd buy it, put it in the workshop and forget about it, a guy came in the workshop one day and gave me a carrier bag with 5 CDI's and 1 YPVS controller, wanted nothing for them but did'nt want to throw them out. Over this time the prices have become crazy even stupid for some things, but look on the bright side, the people buying/selling the parts are getting older and the cult status of the bike will disappear along with the demand/price for the parts, as an example my 22 year old son who rides a cbr1000rr fireblade thinks the RD is hideous and wouldn't be seen dead on one.
im all about making a profit on things . im not saying begbies price was stupid high .

but if i go selling things on ebay i will put then on there cheaper than whats on there to get mine sold

but if i was selling them on here . i would keep them at a much lower price for a forum member

just if something does not sell why put the price up

i am younger than your son . and love my rd,s and rz,s . and i always get harassed by you older guys about my bikes :)