YPVS Servo Motor and control unit.

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

Jetjockey

YPVS Servo Motor and control unit.

#1 Post by Jetjockey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Howdy.
Can anyone help.

I'm building a YZR 500 Rep and i've started from scratch so didn't have a donor bike to start with.
The build is about 60% there now (I will post a thread when I get a bit closer to finishing). I'm onto Electrics now and i'm finding near impossible to find certain bits as they've been discontinued etc.

Does anyone know if the 350 YPVS Servo Motor is any good for use on the 500?

I've looked all over the internet and found various stuff like:
R1 Servo the Same….
TZR250 Servo works the same…
RZ250/350 works the same…..

Does anyone know what "Actually" works rather than what they "Think" might work and if they've done a different modification to their bike etc.

I'd love some advice on all this form guys that have done it.

Thanks.

Dave.
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!

RuZty
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: YPVS Servo Motor and control unit.

#2 Post by RuZty » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 am

If anyone confirms the 350 servo works then the R1 will, I've used one on my 350. The early ones have a separate connector that you can swap to yours. The later ones have an integrated connector so you will need the plug off the R1 harness.

markv

#3 Post by markv » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:12 pm

look over in the for sale section a guy was selling some used cdi units. zeeltronics makes replacement cdi and ypvs units but it does not have a connector. i am now looking for another yamaha that uses the same connector for my bike, anyone know what other yamaha uses these connectors?

ixe13
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by ixe13 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:26 am

One of the main issue with a 350 servo would be to find a way to hook 4 cables instead of 2 .

markv

#5 Post by markv » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 pm

cary at rzs unlimited rewired a 350 servo motor and rebuilt the controller that is on my bike. contact him.
it would probably b easier for u to switch to a zeeltronic than try to chase down original controllers. the problem is zeeltronics do not have the round connectors and i dont want to hack my wiring harness. im looking for another period yamaha that uses the same connectors that i can strip off to use for the rz500 electronics. any ideas?

RuZty why would an R1 have a power valve servo?

Jetjockey

#6 Post by Jetjockey » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 am

My 2000 R1 had an "Exup" servo which is the exact same part number as all servo's that Yamaha made for all bikes.
Servo is a Servo!
Its just the way its programmed which determines how it works.
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!