Newer gauges

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

dopaytoplay

Newer gauges

#1 Post by dopaytoplay » Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Hey guys. I've seen that people have run the 2001 R1 gauge. I'm trying to run a 2010 FZ1 gauge on my street fighter build. Has anybody run any of the newer style gauges on their RZ 500s? Is there a reason why nobody has? And is there anybody that can help me? I would appreciate any and all help.

Here's the rundown of what I'm doing on this bike. 2011 R1 complete front end with an FZ8 top clamp so I can run moto bars, 28 Mikuni flat slides, Ducati hydraulic dry clutch, R6 rear swingarm. I will be adding pictures in the custom hybrid part of the board this weekend.

Thanks,
Jay

dopaytoplay

Re: Newer gauges

#2 Post by dopaytoplay » Mon May 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Hey guys, help me out here. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get this newer gauge to work. If I can, then I can mount my little street fighter fairing or I might have to go to plan B. Then, I'll be able to mount my street fighter fairing. I just don't want to go through the hassle of mounting my fairing if I can't get this gauge to work. Once I get my fairing mounted, I can send the stuff out for paint and I promise I will post some pictures on here.

Thanks,
Jay

Andrew
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Newer gauges

#3 Post by Andrew » Tue May 06, 2014 9:02 am

Hi Jay

What you're doing with your clocks/gauges is not a mod we see here often. Yes, there are bikes out there with after market gauges, but they're normally found on bikes that have had the full GP treatment, these guys go for some real trick bits, i.e. full digital units as found on race bikes.

I recently tried a RD350 rev counter thinking it was the same on a 500 only to find out it revs half of what it should, but they look almost identical, so be careful.

Hang in there, I'm sure someone will chip in with some ideas and comments.

Good luck
Andy (UK)
RZV500R
FRC
Faster Faster !!!