Help needed with wiring harness/coil layout under tank.

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

Pete from Perth

Help needed with wiring harness/coil layout under tank.

#1 Post by Pete from Perth » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 am

Gidday,
I am building what will be a back to standard bike out of a box... Well lots of boxes actually... Pretty much completed a mock build to figure out what bits I have, and where most of it goes...
The wiring harness under the tank and coil mounting is a bit of a problem though, as is the route for the wiring from the CDI/YPVS controller. I reckon I am missing a few bits, but without knowing what it should look like, i'm not sure.
I have attached a couple of pics of the area's in question. If anyone have pics they have taken of their project from similar angles that show the layout, if they could post them I would appreciate it
Thanks
Pete
Attachments
WP_20150719_006.jpg
WP_20150719_006.jpg (171.65 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
WP_20150719_002.jpg
WP_20150719_002.jpg (252.4 KiB) Viewed 2887 times

bolly
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Help needed with wiring harness/coil layout under tank.

#2 Post by bolly » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I fooled around with a collage and it may be of some use to you? also a couple other random shots!!

Pete from Perth

#3 Post by Pete from Perth » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Hey Bolly, thats awesome, thanks for your help, it all makes a bit more sense now!!

bolly
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by bolly » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:08 pm

welcome Pete from Perth!!!! one bit of advice.... don't try and keep track of costs LOL!!!!

Pete from Perth

#5 Post by Pete from Perth » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 am

Keep track of costs ??? Why would I want to do a thing like that ??? I've already lost count and I don't even have a complete wreck to start building a bike from yet.... Do you crazy Canadians even consider such things!
BTW, now also can see the correct YPVS servo motor mounting position, fuel line arrangement etc. etc... Extra double bonus!!
Thanks again...

bolly
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by bolly » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 am

crazy Canadians LOL!!!! yeah I was keeping track then I took apart the engine LOL!!!!

Pete from Perth

#7 Post by Pete from Perth » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:48 am

Engine??? the barrels on my crankcases cunningly conceal the lightweight low compression connecting rods that prove that pistons are not needed... (read previous statement "I don't even have a complete wreck yet")... The signs of a seizure on the LH front makes me thinks the crank seal in leaking, (questionable mains) Oh bonus, these things have 2 cranks to rebuild, how lucky is that... twice the fun... and the barrels are 1mm o/s already (Big bore kit... Yeeeha!!) etc etc... I'm not even thinking about whats inside until I have the wiring sorted... The engine will be the subject of a new thread (and line of credit) once a battery has been connected and all the bells and whistles make light and noise...
This is why you should never keep track of costs... Just set yourself a budget, double it and double it again. Then put your head in the sand and forget about it....
On the upside, by the time i'm finished it should only owe me about 50% more than I could go out and buy a good one from bikesales.com.au... But where's the fun in that.... Right?
Gimme a couple of weeks and the engine questions will start!!