Won't fire on all four

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Won't fire on all four

#16 Post by pstamper » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:07 pm

Definitely replace all the gas lines. They look complicated at first but do one side at a time. Left side is easier to do than the right in my opinion because the brace on the back of the carbs is not in the way. Get the ceramic ball valves from Rick Lance. http://lancegamma.com/ms/airFilter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rdoldtimer

#17 Post by rdoldtimer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Thank u guys for all ur tips an good advice .. I in uk West Midlands if any contact my e mail is alanlcook@hotmail.co.uk latest is I have a guy now going to remove my carbs might as well have them all cleaned now did briefly take it for a run but still runs badly had air box of left side . Looking into both carbs one seemed very wet as the other seems dry .. Have owned my bike since 2002 had engine totally rebuilt in 2013 /2014 not really been a problem .. I'm guessing it needs to get used more ......

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#18 Post by silverstrom » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:02 am

rdoldtimer wrote: I'm guessing it needs to get used more ......
Many of us have the same problem.

Keep us posted on the repairs. Every experience is a chance to learn.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#19 Post by pstamper » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:43 pm

was it the lower carb that was wet? You need to help on the carbs so you can become more comfortable withg them because you will need to do it again.