RG500 Tank Decal

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

RG500 Tank Decal

#1 Post by silverstrom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:45 pm

A couple of questions for the RG500 owners.

Are the gas tank decals on the RG500 clear coated over or are they applied on top of the clear coat.

I recall reading somewhere quite awhile back that the RG500 tank decals were unusual in that they were on top of the clear coat, but I can't find that source.

Also, has anyone ever seen online new decals to go over the gauges on an RG500? The kind where you open the gauge and replace the faded graphics with new decals. I've seen them for the RZs, but not for the RG500. I can open the gauges and service them easily, but I need a source for replacement dial decals.

Many thanks

John

Rick Lance

Re: RG500 Tank Decal

#2 Post by Rick Lance » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:55 am

Never heard of the instrument decals for the Rg. The tank is clear coated with everything underneath, John, just like the RZ (except for the silver fuel stickers).

All other graphics on the RG are in fact on top of the clear, just not on the tank due to gas exposure issues, I am sure.
If I disagree with everyone, that doesn't make me right. If I take the side of only one, it doesn't end the fight. If my position's strong enough from exposure to the light, you may see things my way when we share the same highway.

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: RG500 Tank Decal

#3 Post by silverstrom » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Thank you Rick.

They are the same as all of the Yamahas I have restored. I thought they might be, but wasn't sure. Glad you had the answer.