long time away

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Ax-Racing

long time away

#1 Post by Ax-Racing » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:15 pm

Hi Guys.

I've been long time away from this forum due to busy time at work and after.

unfortunately, My italian forum (where all my pictures was stored and linked here) had a hacker attack and other issues generated from obsolete database paltform. result is that is definitively gone. I'm sorry

in the meantime i never give up with replica build, with some friend have made a 99,99% replica of a genuine YZR 500 machine, we made complete engine and new frame from scratch
stated and tested it last year with enourmous satisfaction.

there is a lot of excitement in this period in italy, because my friend Cristian Polverelli has almost ended made a small batch of his 500 V4 engine
and other guys are building a complete new engine V4 inspired by Honda 500 (with single crankshaft)

hope you are all fine and wishes for continue paly and enjoy your smoking machines
Alex

Luther

Re: long time away

#2 Post by Luther » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:28 pm

Hi Alex, its so good to hear from you!

As I was reading "there is a lot of excitement in this period in italy" I also have my tv on utube and the first race Live from Daytona pops up. Its race 1 of the Supper Hooligan series. My friend Cory West got 3rd on a Harley that looked to be overheat slowing after 10 minutes. They lost a motor yesterday. Our other new Premiere class is Baggers with all the tech gizmos a superbike team could want. I love the racing and I appreciate how good new bikes are, but its not the direction I would go.

I'll be 64 this week. I and many others have been on this forum Tom put together for more than 20 years. For us the pinnacle of racing will always be 500GP. Man and Machine. A brain connected to a wrist put on bike to get overridden in ways its hard to explain. Data is cool but I like hearing wide eyed riders accounts of it was doing this so I was doing that, or it was trying to kill me so I just kept it pinned.

Smoker gave a link to the project https://forum.2temps.fr/viewtopic.php?t=19432 and the translate works well. Its quite the inspiration for all us shop guys doing upgrades here and there. I can only dream of ever seeing it so if its on youtube please put links. I hope they all get rode hard

Luke

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Smoker » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:23 pm

Hi, Alex!

Somehow, I missed this thread until just now. I have been following your amazing progress on the YZR500, and the other custom work shown on that website.

Am I correct that each of the 4 builders will get 1 bike? I think it's the greatest custom bike ever built. Thanks for posting more info.

I've become very inspired to do more work on my fun projects

-Pete.

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by lost1750GTV » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:21 pm

Just wow

Ax-Racing

#5 Post by Ax-Racing » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:13 pm

here you can see most of building process