RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:32 pm

Good to get the 500 back out. Brought it to South Carolina for track days. Track day was put on by Aprillia. Almost did not make it due to my truck taking a dump in the driveway with trailer ready to go. Ended up renting a truck from Lowes and after getting an adapter for the 2 1/2 inch reciever off we went. Was a two hour drive so managed only three sessions. First session the bike was running on three cylinders due to float valve stuck closed. As alway bang on the big bracket with my tee handle and all was ggod. Second session still no idea where to go. Third session tires were hot and pressures set. Went out on grid with all the other group this time. They waved us out and I went. Let one guy out in front of me.After three corners I had the entire track to myself till last few laps. Two instructors came by me because I have always been told to pass outside in slower groups. What a track. Two of the instructor gave me thumbs up and told me I rode well and that they loved seeing an old bike like this on track being used. Will definetley come back since it is so close. Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MmWa7Bgt8

kpke

Re: RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

#2 Post by kpke » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 am

Good stuff Paul. Great to see the 500 back on the track. It sounds great.
Ken's Garage YouTube Channel :smt023
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1

1985 RZ500 (R6 suspension & body work)

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Smoker » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 am

Yeah!!! Always enjoy your posts.

The camera/video are awesome. Very professional. Love the comments.

Thanks much for the fun. :mrgreen:

rz500guytexas

#4 Post by rz500guytexas » Sun May 05, 2024 10:39 pm

This is going to be a bit long and has nothing to do with our bikes. You all are the first to find out about my situation. Some of you are a second family to me with our passion for such a wonderful bike. But reality finally came in an envelope a month ago but has taken a bit of time to get to this point.

Thanks guys. Have not been on site for a while so lets get it out there. I have moved to South Carolina. Came through the area years ago when visiting Rick Lance. I had remodeled a house in The Woodlands Texas that was my forever home. Well life got in the way. I sold my air conditioning business a year before the pandemic and was settling into retirement. A few years ago was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Thought it was the end of the world but I am doing fine. I have a good doctor and active surveilance was the decision. MRI yearly and PSA randomly. All has been good so no sympathy please. When time to come out it will happen.

At that moment decided to sell property, house, and the two shops and move somewhere less busy. The property is in the middle of The Woodlands , Texas. Had a realtor come out and put a number together. Life moved on with racing with AHRMA on the little TZ. All going well and have my Ace in the hole with the property and not so well.

A year ago I find out my neighbor for 20 years, the San Jacinto River Authority, decides they need to update there water treatment facility. Well turns out they need the adjoining properties near them. Eminent Domain is in my future. I panic and do a lot of research and in Texas it normally work out. The issue is my property and surrounding neighbor have the best kept secret. In the middle of The Woodlands but not under there jurisdiction. Taxes were cheap, utilities cheap, no water or septic bill, and I had the best of the area and on a private road.

Well a year later we finally recieved the letter of the takeover. I leased the place at the start of the year and bought a small home near the Smokies and have been remodeling. The process has started and when I originally found out I said I am done. Move somewhere less stressful. I kept one of my shop in my lease deal so when I see my doctor I have a place to stay. The guy I lease to just lets me stay in my old house I built. Kinda weird staying in my beatiful home but it works.

They are in the process off accessing the property to survey and value it. I have a low number in my head and a number to get it over and move on. Texas and The Woodland did well by me but development around me was out of hand. And with the flooding near the area I am even happier that I am gone. 3 minutes to the grocery store, 15 minutes I am in the Smokies, 4 race tracks within 6 hours, and some really great salt of the earth people I have met. It was time and thing always happen for a reason I believe. I always keep a good attitude and make the best out of what life gives you. I feel blessed that I am comfortable with these choices and have the ability to enjoy what is next. Nelson Ledges in two weeks so let us all keep it on two wheels and twist the throttle.